LG Electronics introduced its cutting-edge IMT-2000 color mobile phone 'HX2', featured with powerful built-in digital camera function to Korean Market. HX2 embedded 300,000 pixel (VGA grade) camera to support serial photographing and video filming.
HX2 is a dual folder product with an organic EL(Electro Luminescence) exterior display window and high-quality TFT-LCD interior screen supporting 262,000 colors.
The CMOS-type camera embedded in HX2 comes with zoom to take a maximum 4 times enlarged picture, 3-step JPEG image size control, 5-step brightness control, and many other multimedia functions.
Moreover, HX2 comes with Motion JPEG type video filming function so that various moving images can be easily filmed and stored just like in camcorders.
The most significant feature of HX2 is that the camera goes beyond merely taking pictures as a camcorder to film a maximum 1 min. and store 300 pieces of each streaming videos. Motion JEPG type video filming function can make HX2 to film and store moving images just like camcorders.
Yet, the new IMT-2000, HX2 has a compact design with minimal size and can use wireless data service at max 2.4 Mbps (cdma 1x EV-DO) to transmit streaming videos and pictures.
"We plan to introduce W-CDMA mobile phone supporting interactive two-way video phone calls within the first half of the year so that callers can talk while looking at each others faces", explained Executive Vice President Kie Hong Suh of LGE Mobile phone's Overseas Marketing Division. Adding, "LGE plans to leverage its advanced technology to affirm its leadership in the next generation IMT-2000 market".
■ Reference: Specification of HX2
- Models: LG-SV110, LG-KV1100, LG-LP1900
- Interior window: High-quality/clear images with 262,000 TFT-LCD screen
- Exterior window: Modern sophisticated design with organic EL display
- Handset size:87x43.5x22.1mm(standard) / 90.6g range(standard)
- Continuous talk time: 130~180 minutes(mid size)
- Continuous standby time: 120~160 hours (mid size)
- Colors: 2 to 3 color range including white and silver per service operator.