Lights, camera, action -- the newest handset announced today by Sprint and Audiovox Communications Corporation, a subsidiary of Audiovox Corporation, gives PCS VisionSM customers the capability to take video and audio directly on their mobile phones and email it to anyone, anywhere on the enhanced Sprint Nationwide PCS Network.
"Sprint customers have come to expect the latest and most innovative products to be available as part of PCS Vision and Picture Mail," said John Garcia, vice president of sales and distribution for Sprint. "We feel the Toshiba VM4050 is a handset that our customers will like not only because it is practical but because it is also easy to use."
"This is not your typical mobile phone; this is the new generation of mobile technology," said Philip Christopher, president and CEO of Audiovox Communications Corporation. "Sprint customers will find the VM 4050 useful for both personal and business functions."
The PCS Vision Video Phone VM4050 by Toshiba has a built-in camera and camcorder, allowing customers to take and send still images or 15-seconds of video. Easy to use, it has a 260K full-color screen, 310/350-pixel primary display. It also has 4X digital and 2X telescopic zooms for taking still photos. The handset also features a sub-LCD slot that lets users preview a picture before taking it, as well as a built-in self-timer.
Features of the VM4050 include:
* Compact Clamshell Design: 3.66" x 1.89" x .95" and 4.09 ounces
* Built-in Digital Camera: Share it when it happens. VGA camera (640x480 pixels), auto-focus lens and zoom capability.
* Built-in Video Camera: Enjoy sharing captured video clips with your friends. Record 15-second videos and play them on the LCD screen or send them to an email address. Video light makes it easy to take videos anywhere you want. Easily save your videos on your PCS phone or store them online. You can attach a 10-second voice message and text message to your video. Up to 30 videos can be stored on the handset at one time.
* Large Vibrant-Color Screens: View images on the spectacular 2.2" main LCD, wrapped in a TFT 260K 18-bit color display. The outside color LCD uses STN technology and supports 65K colors.
* Camera / Video Light: The integrated light for both still pictures and video.
* External Picture Caller ID: Link a picture or downloaded graphic to the contacts in your internal Phone Book and see who's calling without opening the phone.
* Built-in Speakerphone: Hands-free operation of your phone is made easy with the built-in speakerphone.
* Voice Memo: Use to this feature to record reminders, save conversations or record and use voices as ringers or alerts.
* Voice Guidance: When this feature is turned on, the phone offers voice output to provide status of the phone activities including spoken output of phone numbers, call logs, etc.
* Camera Fun Frames: Choose from 17 different frames to make picture-taking fun
* Personal Organizer: Includes internal 300-slot Phone Book (up to five numbers each), Calendar, To-Do List, Alarm, Timer, Calculator and Clock.
* Multiple Languages: Supports voice and text prompts in English and Spanish.
* Dual-band / tri-mode: This phone may be used on and while roaming off the enhanced Sprint Nationwide PCS Network.
* Extended Battery Life: Standard rechargeable LiIon battery gives you up to 3.3 hours continuous talk and up to 10 days continuous standby time in digital mode; up to 1.5 hours continuous talk and up to 15 hours continuous standby time in analog mode. Extended rechargeable LiIon battery gives you up to 4.5 hours continuous talk and up to 15 days continuous standby time in digital mode; up to 2.8 hours continuous talk and up to 30 hours continuous standby time in analog mode.
* 2.5mm Universal Jack: Accommodates most standard headsets for hands-free operation.
* E911 Emergency Location Capable: Features an embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip necessary for utilizing E911 emergency location services where available.
* TTY compatible: Compatible with select TTY devices.
* PCS Vision capabilities: Picture MailSM, Messaging, Games, Ringers, Screen Savers, Web, PCS Business ConnectionSM.
The VM4050 features dual LCD, full-color displays -- a 1-inch outer display, with 65K STN color, and a large, 2.2-inch, primary, interior QVGA display, providing 260K Poly-Silicon TFT color. The QVGA display is 3 times higher than existing QCIF models, which provides users with detailed display pictures. The VM4050 is expected to be available at Sprint Stores nationwide before the end of the year.