Sprint wireless customers can now get up-to-the-minute election results and complete coverage of the 2004 campaign in 1KTV's multimedia application, featuring color graphics and narration. The service is available on its downloadable 1KTV application, created by V-Star, Inc. 1KTV provides breaking news from The Associated Press, Reuters, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, and a wide spectrum of entertainment choices.
1KTV's campaign coverage will deliver election returns and reports to PCS Vision customers in a television-style format. The service also offers a daily campaign diary, keeps track of key dates and convention delegates, and provides candidate biographies. Real-time updated coverage will include:
* Vote Results - popular vote results from reporting units during the primaries and general election, by state
* Delegate Results - delegate vote results from districts during caucuses and primaries, by state
* Presidential Vote Results - electoral and popular vote results during the general election, by state
* National Top of Ticket Trends - national trends for top of the ticket races (President, Governor, U.S. Senate, U.S. House, and referendums of national importance) during the general election
* National State Legislative Trends - national trends for state legislative races
* Presidential Electoral Vote Summary - national summary of presidential electoral votes during the general election
1KTV's election coverage, powered by The Associated Press' (AP) Election Online service, will deliver real-time TV-like coverage of election results as they happen. The AP data feed instantly converts real-time election data into a wireless multimedia experience with television-style graphics and full narration. AP's Elections Online system provides the V-Star wireless 1KTV auto-app a continuously flowing data stream for instant reporting.
1KTV is a downloadable J2ME application available on select Vision-enabled PCS Phones, anywhere on the enhanced Sprint nationwide PCS network. On-demand information is delivered through 1KTV for $2.95 a month.
V-Star (www.1ktv.com) is a Los Angeles-based technology and content conversion company that enables the delivery of consumer-preferred, high quality, television-like programming to the emerging wireless infotainment industry. V-Star's breakthrough 1KTV technology delivers instant, on-demand television-quality news, information, and entertainment programming to new Java-enabled wireless phones.