The latest Video Mail phone from Sprint is now available for customers to purchase nationwide. The PCS Vision Video Phone by Toshiba, marketed by Audiovox Communications Corporation, a subsidiary of Audiovox Corporation, gives PCS VisionSM customers the capability to take and send video and audio directly on their mobile phones to anyone, anywhere on the enhanced Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. The phone (SRP: $329.99) is available for $179.99 at participating locations, after discounts to customers who sign a 2-year Advantage Agreement.
"Sprint revolutionized mobile imaging in the U.S. with the launch of Picture Mail in 2003. Sprint customers shared more than 66 million pictures in 2003. The same elements that made Picture Mail such a success -- nationwide availability, flat-rate pricing, multiple handsets, ease-of-use are quickly making our recently launched Video Mail service a leader in the industry," said John Garcia, vice president of sales and distribution for Sprint. "The latest proof point to that success -- the VM4050 -- gives consumers a new choice when shopping for camera phones."
The PCS Vision Video Phone VM4050 by Toshiba features a built-in camcorder and camera, giving customers the choice of taking and sharing still images or videos. It supports Sprint's recently announced Video Mail service available for an additional $5 to the $15 PCS Vision Pictures Pack and includes:
* Unlimited Video Mail and Picture Mail taking and sharing: Customers can share life as it happens with their choice of videos or pictures that can be sent to any e-mail address or select PCS Vision Phones.
* Easy to use service: It only takes a few steps to take and share a video. Simply select the video/camera button on the phone, push the soft key to record and instantly share everyday moments.
* Online storage: Sprint customers can conveniently manage their videos and pictures at the same site (picturemail.sprintpcs.com). The website lets users pick from various enhancement options that include cropping and lightening/darkening or adding fun effects such as comic bubbles, cartoons and line drawings, and picture frames and stickers.
* Unlimited web browsing and up to $5 in credits toward premium downloads such as ringers, screen savers and games.
Sprint announced 3.2 million PCS Vision customers through the end of 2003 and leads the industry in adoption of advanced wireless data services. PCS Vision from Sprint includes services that allow customers to take and receive pictures from select PCS Phones; browse the Internet at speeds faster than most dial-up connections; check personal and corporate e-mail; watch clips and stream audio for news and music; download polyphonic, animated and voice ringers, and full-color, graphically-rich games and screen savers, all on the enhanced Sprint Nationwide PCS Network.
The VM 4050 is available at Sprint Stores nationwide and www.sprintpcs.com. Features of the VM4050 include:
* Compact Clamshell Design: 3.66" x 1.89" x .95" and 4.09 ounces
* Built-in Digital Camera: Take a picture anytime and send it to family and friends instantly to another Sprint Vision phone or an ordinary email address. You can attach a 10-second voice message and text message to your picture. Built-in VGA camera (640x480 pixels), auto-focus lens and zoom capability
* Built-in Video Camera: Enjoy sharing captured video clips with your friends. Record 15-second videos and play them on the LCD screen or send them to an email address. Video light makes it easy to take videos anywhere you want. Easily save your videos on your PCS phone or store them online. You can attach a 10-second voice message and text message to your video.
* Large Vibrant-Color Screens: View images on the spectacular 2.2" main LCD, boasting Sprint's highest resolution (QVGA), wrapped in a TFT 260K 18-bit color display. The outside color LCD uses STN technology and supports 65K colors.
* Camera / Video Light: The integrated light provides added illumination.
* External Picture Caller ID: Link a picture or downloaded graphic to the contacts in your internal Phone Book and see who's calling without opening the phone.
* Built-in Speakerphone: Hands-free operation of your phone is made easy with the built-in speakerphone.
* Voice Memo: Use to this feature to record reminders, save conversations, or record and use voices as ringers or alerts.
* Voice Guidance: When this feature is turned on, the phone offers voice output to provide status of the phone activities including spoken output of phone numbers, call logs, etc.
* Camera Fun Frames: Choose from 17 different frames to make picture-taking fun.
* Personal Organizer: Includes internal 300-slot Phone Book (up to five numbers each), Calendar, To-Do List, Alarm, Timer, Calculator and Clock.
* Multiple Languages: Supports voice and text prompts in English and Spanish.
* Dual-band / tri-mode: This phone may be used on and while roaming off the enhanced Sprint Nationwide PCS Network.
* Extended Battery Life: Standard rechargeable LiIon battery gives you up to 3.3 hours continuous talk and up to 10 days continuous standby time in digital mode; up to 1.5 hours continuous talk and up to 15 hours continuous standby time in analog mode. Extended rechargeable LiIon battery gives you up to 4.5 hours continuous talk and up to 15 days continuous standby time in digital mode; up to 2.8 hours continuous talk and up to 30 hours continuous standby time in analog mode.
* 2.5mm Universal Jack: Accommodates most standard headsets for hands-free operation.
* TTY compatible: Compatible with select TTY devices.
* PCS Vision capabilities: Picture Mail, Video Mail, Messaging, Games, Ringers, Screen Savers, Web, PCS Business Connection