Nextel(R) Communications Inc. announced the availability of a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup(TM) Series Phone and ten NASCAR NEXTEL Cup(TM) Series Driver Phones, which are modeled after ten specific drivers. The eleven new handsets are the first NASCAR-branded wireless phones in the sport's history. Collectively, the handsets share the Motorola i736 model name.
The lone NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Phone displays a checkered flag and an enlarged NASCAR NEXTEL Cup(TM) Series logo. The ten NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Driver Phones each feature the number and unique design, colors and signature of a particular driver, including:
* No. 2 Rusty Wallace
* No. 6 Mark Martin
* No. 8 Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
* No. 15 Michael Waltrip
* No. 17 Matt Kenseth
* No. 20 Tony Stewart
* No. 24 Jeff Gordon
* No. 48 Jimmie Johnson
* No. 88 Dale Jarrett
* No. 97 Kurt Busch
Each Motorola i736 phone is preloaded with extensive content, especially designed for NASCAR fans, including:
* Wallpapers - the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Phone comes pre-loaded with the series logo and photos of cars on the track; additionally, the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Driver Phones each have wallpapers with their car's number and a photo of their respective driver
* Ring tones - play familiar tunes such as the national anthem as well as sounds from the track such as a revving engine
* Digital racing stopwatch - clock races and compare times with the officials
* NASCAR wireless website - Nextel Online(R) subscribers can access, directly from a special icon on the phone's main menu, information such as a live leader board, a race schedule and driver bios and stats
Each Motorola i736 flip-style handset has an internal color display with a range of up to 65,000 colors and an external screen that shows the time, date and caller ID. Each Motorola i736 phone also offers a speakerphone, voice recorder, 600-contact address book, GPS location-based technology and many more advanced features. Additionally, as with all Nextel devices, the Motorola i736 handsets enable the Nationwide Direct Connect(TM) walkie-talkie service, which allows instant contact from coast-to-coast at the push of a button.
The Motorola i736 handsets weigh 5.1 ounces and measure 3.6 x 1.1 x 2 inches. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Phone is $299.99, and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Driver Phones are $349.99. These prices require a two-year service agreement, new activation and credit approval. Taxes, fees, early termination fee and other charges apply.
Additionally, the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series logo will appear on power chargers, carry cases and headsets for several Nextel devices. Phone covers for the Motorola i205 handset and battery doors for the Motorola i60, i90 and i95 phones will also be available, each with a driver design or a NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series logo. iDENtifiers are small, durable decorations that are available with NASCAR themes and can be fastened onto the exteriors of phones and accessories, including carry cases, car chargers and earbuds. For images of some of the new accessories, visit http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=4569277.
The Motorola i736 handsets and accessories are available through all Nextel distribution channels, including retail stores and stations at tracks on NASCAR race days.