CTIA Wireless 2004 - Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq:RIMM - News; TSX:RIM - News) today introduced the new color BlackBerry 7750 Wireless Handheld(TM) for mobile professionals at the CTIA Wireless show in Atlanta. The Java(TM)-based BlackBerry 7750(TM), operating on the Verizon Wireless network, is expected to be available from Verizon Wireless in April 2004.
"The high-resolution color screen and the large display make the BlackBerry 7750 ideal for email, corporate data applications and web content," said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at Research In Motion. "With the BlackBerry 7750 and Verizon Wireless' reliable and extensive CDMA 1X network, mobile professionals will be provided with a compelling solution that can dramatically increase productivity while on the go."
BlackBerry is an award-winning wireless platform that improves the way users connect to people and information. BlackBerry integrates hardware, software and service, providing an end-to-end wireless solution. The BlackBerry 7750 is designed to provide an optimal user experience with integrated support for email, phone, SMS, organizer, Internet and intranet applications. This new handheld features a large, high resolution, color screen while maintaining excellent battery performance, which is critical for mobile use.
Introducing the BlackBerry 7750 Wireless Handheld:
* Ideal for mobile professionals who want to manage all of their information and communications from a single, integrated handheld.
* A large, high-resolution color screen that supports over 65,000 colors while maintaining excellent battery performance.
* Support for 800/1900 MHz CDMA 1X networks.
* Cradle-free wireless email synchronization.
* Integrated email attachment viewing that supports popular file formats (including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, WordPerfect, ASCII).
* A push-based wireless architecture that delivers messages automatically.
* Wireless integration with multiple existing email accounts including Microsoft9r) Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino(TM) and/or popular ISP email accounts.
* An easy-to-use 'thumb-typing' keyboard and navigation trackwheel for sending and receiving email and SMS messages on the go.
* Backlit screen and keyboard for easy reading and typing during day or night.
* A pocket-sized, lightweight and ergonomic handheld design with an internal high performance antenna.
For corporate customers, BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) software tightly integrates with Microsoft Exchange or IBM Lotus Domino and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based, wireless access to email and other corporate data. For individuals, BlackBerry Web Client(TM) provides an Internet-based email interface that allows users to access multiple existing corporate and/or personal email accounts without the need for server software (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and popular ISP email accounts) from a single BlackBerry handheld.
Verizon Wireless features a leading national high-speed wireless network, with average user speeds between 40-60 kilobits per second (kbps) and bursts of up to 144 kbps - similar to, or faster than using a dial-up PC connection.
Pricing information will be available through Verizon Wireless at the time of product availability.