Motorola, Inc. and Rogers Wireless today introduced the Motorola V600 and Bluetooth Wireless Headset. The Motorola V600 comes with the latest mobile phone features including Bluetooth wireless technology for short-range connectivity and an integrated camera, with 4X zoom and brightness adjustment, for taking vivid photographs and e-mailing(x) them to friends. The quad band (850/900/1800/1900MHz) Motorola V600 operates exclusively in Canada on the Rogers Wireless GSM/GPRS network, the largest integrated voice and data network in Canada, and provides users with global roaming capabilities in many countries around the world.(xx)
The Motorola V600's Bluetooth capability enables untethered Internet connectivity(x) with a Bluetooth compatible PC, and provides the option of using a wireless hands-free headset.
"A quad band Power Class 4 wireless phone, the Motorola V600 from Rogers Wireless optimizes the customer experience of the active, young professional by combining the latest in wireless technology with reliable, global network coverage," said Karen Webb, Vice President, Product Management and Marketing Plans, Rogers Wireless.
- Caller-ID(x) and exterior notification lights: assign different coloured lights to preferred contacts so that you can tell whether the call is about work or play
- Phonebook ID: attach a digital picture to your phone book contacts and remember who you met at the party last night
- Hands free speaker: turn your phone into a portable conference call centre with the touch of a button
- Integrated VGA camera with 4x zoom and brightness adjustment: take vivid photographs and email(x) them to your friends
- Colour display: view your pictures, and wallpaper on a screen capable of supporting up to 65,000 colours
- Interchangeable metal covers: express your individuality with your choice of 5 different covers so that you can coordinate your phone with your mood or outfit or just because you can
For those in the know...
- The V600 was provided to the 25 top acting and directing nominees at the 2004 Oscars
- The model V600 seamlessly connects with Motorola original accessories such as the stylish Bluetooth Wireless Headset, a 2003 CES Design and Innovation winner, and the Bluetooth Car Kit.
Pricing and Availability
The Motorola V600 sells for $449.99 on a two-year airtime plan from Rogers Wireless and is available for purchase at Rogers Wireless dealer and retail locations across Canada, or on-line at www.rogers.com. Additional accessories can be purchased online at www.motorola.ca.