The T-Mobile Sidekick II went through a low-carb diet and is 25 percent slimmer than the popular original model. At the same time, it added muscle with a fully integrated camera, and flash, to capture those you-had-to-be there moments; enhanced phone sound quality and functionality such as a speakerphone; and enhanced battery life to give customers approximately 4.5 hours of talk time.
A style makeover for this lean, mean machine makes it easy for anyone to personalize and accessorize.
* HiFi Ringers - Get ringtones based on the straight-up, full-on actual recorded songs from top artists. Everything from hip-hop and rock to classic soul.
* Voice Ringers - Download voice messages from music artists and celebrities who announce incoming calls.
* Cool New Games - Download the latest games for fun anytime, anywhere.
* Contacts - Keep up to 2,000 of your personal contacts in your pocket, so your friends are always a phone call, email, or instant message away.
* Color Bumpers -- Complement any look in a wardrobe with seven interchangeable (purchased separately) color bumpers; perfect to properly accessorize for a night on the town or a day at the beach.
The distinctive signature color screen swivels open to showcase a full QWERTY keyboard, the perfect complement for the T-Mobile Sidekick II's email and instant messaging capabilities. T- Mobile Sidekick II owners get their own email account and can set up as many as three external accounts to deliver email directly to their inbox. Yahoo! Messenger is now available for download to the T-Mobile Sidekick II, in addition to the fully integrated version of AOL Instant Messenger(tm) (AIM) service, meaning users can IM their friends at the same time they're surfing the Web to find that perfect place to hook up tonight.
The T-Mobile Sidekick II, based on Danger, Inc.'s hiptop(R) Wireless Solution, is planned to be available this fall through T-Mobile at T-Mobile retail stores, select national retailers, as well as online at www.t-mobile.com.
Along with the launch of the T-Mobile Sidekick II, T-Mobile and Danger plan to introduce software that will allow Sidekick customers to wirelessly synchronize their desktop contacts and calendar information with their T-Mobile Sidekick. This synchronization software will be available for the T-Mobile Sidekick II and previous Sidekick generations. Price of the software will be announced at a later date.
*Compatible network and applicable wireless service plan and features required. Services may be priced separately; other terms and conditions apply.