|Voq Professional Phone now available in North America|
Posted: 09-Sep-2004 [Source: Sierra Wireless]
[Voq Professional Phone, developed by Sierra Wireless, is now available through Insight, MobilePlanet, and RCS Computer Experience. ]
Vnacouver, BC -- Sierra Wireless announced the Voq Professional Phone(tm) is commercially available through Insight, MobilePlanet, and RCS Computer Experience. The new Voq Professional Phone, a pocketable Windows Mobile 2003-based Smartphone developed by Sierra Wireless, is now available at select reseller locations and online for the end-user price of US $499*, with activation on the AT&T Wireless network.
Powered by an Intel(R) Xscale(R) processor, the Voq Professional Phone is based on Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 software for Smartphones and offers a rich telephony experience with the addition of a unique flip-open QWERTY thumbpad. The Voq Professional Phone provides:
* Phone-first capabilities with the power of a PDA and ability to synchronize contacts, calendars, and tasks to a Windows-based computer;
* The best features of a mobile phone, messaging device, and PDA in a single phone -- resulting in lower cost, ease-of-use, and the need for fewer devices;
* Powerful search, send and storage capabilities with myVoq, which also offers the ability to enhance business applications and mobile web services,
* Out-of-the-box personal and corporate e-mail solutions, including POP3, IMAP4, and Microsoft ActiveSync for wireless synchronization to Microsoft Exchange 2003,
* The ultimate e-mail experience with VoqMail Professional Edition, which offers secure, "Always There" e-mail and alerts, supporting standard, broadly deployed VPN and business e-mail systems including Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, and Novell GroupWise software.
Back to Headlines...