|Voq Professional Phone available in Europe and North America|
Posted: 22-Sep-2004 [Source: Voq]
[Key distribution partners deliver the Voq phone to mobile professionals in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg, the Nordics, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom.]
Vancouver and London -- Sierra Wireless announced that the Voq Professional Phone(tm), a Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Smartphone developed by Sierra Wireless, is now commercially available across Europe through key distribution partners. The phone is now available to purchase from A & C Systems in Belgium, Luxemburg, and The Netherlands; from BagLAN in Turkey; from Cedros in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland; from Daimler in the Nordics; from Dangaard Telecom in Western Europe; from Hugh Symons Mobile Computing and from Yes Telecom in the United Kingdom; from Speeka in Italy; and from Xacom Comunicaciones in France and Spain.
"Today's announcement marks a milestone in the launch of the Voq Professional Phone - widespread availability throughout Europe," said Derek Evans, Vice President and Managing Director, EMEA for Sierra Wireless. "We are pleased to build upon our relationships with these partners and to deliver the phone to mobile professionals in Europe, who are looking for a simple solution to help them stay connected with clients and keep current corporate and personal information close at hand while out of the office."
The Voq Professional Phone is a new class of mobile phone that offers the best features of a mobile phone, a personal messaging device, and a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant). The product offers a flip-open QWERTY thumbpad and easy-to-use software solutions, including VoqMail(tm), a secure, "Always There(tm) e-mail solution that requires no additional enterprise server or desktop redirector software to purchase, install, and maintain. The unique, easy and powerful myVoq(tm) software enables predictive search, storage, and sending of information.
Powered by an Intel(R) Xscale(R) processor, the Voq Professional Phone is based on Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 software and offers a rich telephony experience with the addition of a unique flip-open QWERTY thumbpad. The Voq Professional Phone provides:
* Phone-first capabilities with the power of a PDA and ability to synchronize contacts, calendars, and tasks to a Windows-based computer;
* The best features of mobile phone, messaging device, and PDA in a single phone - resulting in lower cost, ease-of-use, and need for fewer devices;
* Out-of-the-box personal and corporate e-mail solutions, including POP3, IMAP4, and Microsoft ActiveSync for wireless synchronization to Microsoft Exchange 2003;
* Powerful search, send and storage capabilities with myVoq, which also offers the ability to enhance business applications and mobile web services;
* The ultimate e-mail experience with VoqMail Professional Edition, which offers secure, "Always There" e-mail and alerts, supporting standard, broadly deployed VPN and business e-mail systems including Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, and Novell GroupWise software.
Back to Headlines...