|The Voq arrives in Canada|
Posted: 04-Dec-2004 [Source: ]
[Canada's Cellcom Wireless and Uptown Communications launch the Sierra Wireless Voq tri-band smartphone based on Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003.]
Vancouver -- Sierra Wireless announced that the Voq Professional Phone(tm), a tri-band Smartphone developed by Sierra Wireless, is now available in Canada for use on GSM/GPRS networks. Canadian customers can purchase the Voq Professional Phone and Rogers Wireless airtime bundles through Cellcom Wireless and Uptown Communication House, Inc.
The Voq Professional Phone offers the best features of a mobile phone, a messaging device and a PDA (personal digital assistant). Designed for mobile professionals, the Voq Professional Phone features a unique, flip-open QWERTY thumbpad for quick text entry and easy-to-use software solutions, including VoqMail, a secure, "Always There" e-mail application that requires no additional enterprise server or desktop redirector software to purchase, install and maintain. The unique, easy, and powerful myVoq software enables predictive search, storage, and sending of information.
Powered by an Intel XScale(R) processor, the Voq Professional Phone is based on Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 software for Smartphones and offers a rich telephony experience with the addition of a unique flip-open QWERTY thumbpad. The Voq Professional Phone provides:
* Phone-first capabilities with the power of a PDA and ability to synchronize contacts, calendars, and tasks to a Windows-based computer;
* The best features of a mobile phone, messaging device, and PDA in a single phone -- resulting in lower cost, ease-of-use, and the need for fewer devices;
* Powerful search, send and storage capabilities with myVoq, which also offers the ability to enhance business applications and mobile web services,
* Out-of-the-box personal and corporate e-mail solutions, including POP3, IMAP4, and Microsoft ActiveSync for wireless synchronization to Microsoft Exchange 2003,
* The ultimate e-mail experience with VoqMail Professional Edition, which offers secure, "Always There" e-mail and alerts, supporting standard, broadly deployed VPN and business e-mail systems including Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, and Novell GroupWise software.
Back to Headlines...