Vodafone Group Plc announces today key performance indicators for the quarter ended 31 December 2004.
The main highlights are:
- Strongest quarter of net additions since December 2000 with over 5.4 million organic net additions, bringing the total proportionate customer base to over 151.8 million
- Highest quarter ever for new Vodafone live! customers of 3.9 million, bringing global Vodafone live! controlled customer base to 28.3 million, including 12.9 million in Japan
- ARPU trends continued to develop in line with expectations; non-voice services increased to 16.7% of controlled service revenue
- Successful launch of Vodafone live! with 3G across 13 markets
- In total, over 400,000 Vodafone Mobile Connect customers, including over 170,000 3G enabled customers
- 2.4 billion shares repurchased in the financial year to date at a cost of 3.2 billion pounds
Arun Sarin, Chief Executive of Vodafone, commented: "I am very pleased to announce another impressive quarter for customer and revenue growth. We have seen consistently strong performances across Europe and in the US, whilst we continue to focus on our turnaround programme in Japan. In the last quarter we saw record new Vodafone live! customer additions in our controlled base of 3.9 million, which contributed to a total of over 28 million customers across our controlled networks. This highlights our success in attracting and migrating customers to new services. Our customer proposition is enhanced by Vodafone live! with 3G and we have seen positive early indications following our launch in November. Overall these KPIs are in line with our expectations and we maintain our guidance for the full year to March 2005."