NTT DoCoMo, Inc. and its eight regional subsidiaries announced today that they will start selling the N901iC 3G FOMA(R) handset, the latest model in the advanced 901i series, nationwide on January 28, 2005.
The 901i series offers surround-type 3D sound for vivid ringing melodies and realistic audio effects when playing i-appli(tm) games or using other applications.
The new N901iC is equipped with FeliCa smart-card technology for e-money, ticketing and other handy mobile functions. If the handset is lost or misplaced, its smart-card functions or all phone functions can be locked remotely by calling the handset from a registered phone number.
The main features of the N901iC include:
* During videophone calls, the speaker can decorate their image with emoticons.
* During videophone calls, the speaker can also send text messages superimposed on their actual image.
* During videophone calls, a substitute image can be used until the sender is ready to display their own image.
* A scanner reads horizontal and vertical text, including alphanumeric and Japanese characters. Advanced support links business card info to the address book, scanned text to mail messages and words to the dictionary.
* The phone's surface features an antibacterial coating.
The N901iC will be available through all NTT DoCoMo sales channels. The price of the handset will be open (unfixed). The costs of replacing standard-equipped accessories will be battery pack--1,470 yen, AC adapter--945 yen and desktop holder--630 yen. These prices (which include tax) are for the Kanto-Koshinetsu area only.