NTT DoCoMo revealed the new 700i series of FOMA(R) 3G handsets. The new series comprises four slim, compact models equipped for all standard FOMA services and functions, including videophone, ChakuUta(rm) ring songs, ChakuMotion(tm) ring videos, Deco-mail(tm) decorative emails, music player functions, i-appli JAVA(R) and Macromedia(R) Flash(tm) applications, QVGA LCD screen resolution and megapixel cameras.
The new 700i series emphasizes style and ease of use while possessing all the basic FOMA services. In contrast, the conventional FOMA 900i series is more function-oriented with high-spec features.
The first model, the F700i, will be introduced on February 10, 2005 through all DoCoMo sales channels. The price of the handset will be open (unfixed). Standard-equipped accessories will also be sold separately: extra battery -- 2,100 yen, AC adapter -- 945 yen and desktop holder -- 630 yen. The prices (which include tax) are for the Kanto-Koshinetsu area only.
The main features of the 700i series include:
1. Videophone - 700i users will enjoy all the benefits of videophone, as well as Chara-den animated avatars that can be shown in place of the caller's image.
2. Music player functions - Memory cards stored with music files can be inserted into 700i phones for playback.
3. ChakuUta and ChakuMotion - High-quality music or audiovisual clips (up to 500 KB) can be stored in 700i phones for playback or ring tones / videos for incoming calls. The phones also handle up to 100 KB of ring tone files.
4. Deco-mail - HTML mail can be decorated with different backgrounds, text colors/sizes and photos, as well as animations downloaded from i-mode sites. Deco-mail templates are preinstalled on all models.
5. Megapixel cameras - Each 700i model has a camera with effective resolution exceeding one million pixels.
6. G-GUIDE - 700i phones come preinstalled with G-GUIDE to obtain detailed information about TV shows, including G-Code to program video recorders quickly and easily.