palmOne and Orange announced the launch of the new Treo 650 smartphone in the UK, France and Switzerland; and palmOne and TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile) announced an agreement for distributing the Treo 650 smartphone in Italy.
The Treo 650, which will be available in the above countries in early March, simplifies people's lives by combining a compact, full-featured quad-band mobile phone with email, a Palm OS organizer, messaging, and web access, and a digital camera.
Orange: Treo 650 in UK, France and Switzerland
Following the success of the Treo 600 smartphone, which was one of the most successful Orange phones in its Signature catalogue last year in terms of data usage, the Treo 650 is one of Orange's flagship Talk Now(TM) phones. Customers have instant access to groups of friends or colleagues at the touch of a dedicated button on the side of the phone. As an Orange Signature phone, it also comes equipped with Orange-specific applications, such as Orange Backup (which allows customers to automatically back up Contacts, SIM data, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, Mail and images wirelessly on a remote server) and Orange Download (which enables customers to receive updated software from Orange directly to the phone). palmOne and Orange are supporting the launch of the Treo 650 with a broad range of marketing initiatives, including advertising campaigns.
TIM: Treo 650 in Italy
TIM believes that the mobile workforce needs to be able to perform a broad range of tasks in order to remain competitive and is committed to providing the necessary combination of cutting-edge devices, network capabilities, multimedia and data services to make that possible through its own EDGE Network. Via TIM, Treo 650 users will get access to a series of specific services, including the TIM Downloads application, which lets users receive updated software from TIM directly to their phones.
About the Treo 650 Smartphone
Treo 650 builds on the award-winning design of the Treo 600 with new and improved features:
* Vibrant 320 x 320 display is easy to read;
* Non-volatile memory and removable battery;
* Integrated Bluetooth(R) technology for communicating with headsets, car kits, computers and printers equipped with Bluetooth technology;
* Improved camera for better low-light shots and with video-capture capabilities;
* Improved QWERTY/AZERTY backlit keyboard and new design for easier typing;
* Capability to access EDGE based networks, which delivers fast data speeds;(3)
* Support for direct corporate email access to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 using palmOne's VersaMail(TM) email software;
* MP3 player; (4) and
* Single inbox for text and picture messaging.