UTStarcom today announced the Canadian availability of the SMT 5600 Smartphone. The tri-band (850/1800/1900 MHz) SMT 5600 operates exclusively in Canada on the Rogers Wireless GSM/GPRS network.
The Audiovox SMT 5600 weights 3.5 ounces and is designed to combine many of the features commonly seen in larger, more expensive devices into a small, compact form factor, making this an ideal device for those customers looking for a powerful wireless experience without the bulk.
Key features of the SMT 5600 include:
- Versatile mobility: The Audiovox SMT 5600 is enabled for Bluetooth(R) and infrared support, is a tri-band (GSM 850/1800/1900) phone, and includes a speakerphone.
- Advanced out-of-the-box multimedia features:
The new Windows Media Player 10 Mobile provides leading-edge audio and video playback experiences with support for secure content, album art, playlists and more. As well, the SMT 5600 is the first mobile phone to be certified under the PlaysForSure logo program for its compatibility with a wide variety of online services such as MP3.
- Expanded memory capability: With a built in mini-SD slot, users can expand the 32MB RAM to up to 512 MB and store images, video clips, music and other data, all of which can easily be transferred to a PC.
- First Windows Mobile-based Smartphone with integrated camera in Canada: The Audiovox SMT 5600 features the CMOS VGA digital camera with low-light capabilities, 4x digital zoom and camcorder functionality.
- Windows Mobile 2003 SE: offering users the familiarity of the traditional Microsoft Windows operating system, including Outlook(R) for email and Internet Explorer for true HTML Inte browsing.
- Seamless Communications: The Audiovox SMT 5600 includes pocket versions of Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer and MSN(R) Messenger, and Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync(R) which enables easy wireless email, calendar and contact synchronization.
The Audiovox SMT 5600 also works with Rogers Wireless' MyMail wireless email service -- a new service launching in April that will be included at no charge for customers who subscribe to any of Rogers Wireless' Data Service Plans. This powerful solution will offer individuals a wireless real-time, non-browser based, and fully synchronized push email, calendar and contacts experience. A secure, behind the firewall, server-based solution also will be available for larger corporate customers.
Rogers Wireless is offering the Audiovox SMT 5600 starting today for $299.99 after rebates with a three-year voice and data service contract.