NTT DoCoMo announced development of a highly advanced, business-use FOMA(R) handset that will provide full access to the Web with its Opera 7.5 browser. The M1000 will be compatible with overseas networks, work with POP and IMAP e-mail and open e-mail attachments.
The main features will include:
* Compatible with overseas W-CDMA, GSM and GPRS networks and public wireless LANs.
* Opens Microsoft(R) Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, etc. files.
* Works with multiple e-mail accounts.
* Access to DoCoMo's public wireless LANs in airports, subways, etc. for a flat rate.
* Bluetooth(R) compatible for hands-free telephone calls (using wireless headset) and wireless connection to PCs.
* Preinstalled with personal information management (PIM) software.
* Remote access to intranets.
* Free software development kit.
Main specifications of FOMA M1000
Height x width x thickness (folded) 117 x 59.5 x 21.5 mm
Weight (including stylus) Approx. 168 g
Main Display Approx. 2.9 inches (208 x 320 dots); 65,536 colors; transmissive reflective TFT LCD
Cameras: Outer: CMOS camera, Effective resolution: 1.31 megapixels, Recorded resolution: 1.22 megapixels; Inner: CMOS camera, Effective resolution: 310,000 pixels, Recorded resolution: 300,000 pixels
Input interface: Touch panel with Haptics display
External Interfaces: USB 2.0/ Bluetooth 1.1
Wireless LAN IEEE802.11b
External memory: TransFlash(R) memory (32MB)/ SD memory card adapter
Colors: BlackSilver with DarkSilver
Internet browser: Opera 7.5