Cingular Wireless and UTStarcom today announced the availability of the Audiovox SMT 5600 Smartphone to all Cingular Wireless customers.
The Audiovox SMT 5600 is a Microsoft Windows Mobile-based handset. This feature-packed phone gives customers the ability to access Microsoft(R) Outlook applications such as e-mail, contacts and calendar information, and comes equipped with many enhanced features such as Bluetooth, an integrated camera and Windows Media Player 10 Mobile, allowing customers to enjoy music and video on-the-go.
The Audiovox SMT 5600, a tri-band (850/1800/1900 MHz) GSM/GPRS handset, combines many of the features familiar to Windows PC users including a mobile version of Microsoft Outlook, making this an ideal device for those customers looking for a powerful wireless experience without the bulk. Weighing just 3.6 ounces, the Audiovox SMT 5600 proves big things can come in small packages.
Key features of the Audiovox SMT 5600 include:
- Versatile mobility: The Audiovox SMT 5600 is enabled for Bluetooth and infrared support, is a tri-band (GSM 850/1800/1900) phone, and includes a speakerphone.
- Advanced out-of-the-box multimedia features: The integrated Windows Media Player 10 Mobile provides leading-edge audio and video playbac experiences with support for unique content, album art, playlists and more. The Audiovox SMT 5600 is the first and only mobile phone to be certified under the PlaysForSure logo program for its compatibility with a wide variety of online services such as MSN Music and Napster
- Expanded memory capability: The Audiovox SMT 5600 has a built-in mini-SD slot, allowing users to expand the 32MB RAM and store images, video clips, music and other data, all of which can easily be transferred to a PC.
- Integrated Digital Camera/Video Camera: The Audiovox SMT 5600 features the CMOS VGA digital camera with low-light capabilities, 4x digital zoom and camcorder functionality.
- Windows Mobile-based Smartphone: The Audiovox SMT 5600 offers users a familiar and extensible version of their desktop PC, including Outlook for email, calendar, contacts and tasks, as well as full access to the web with Internet Explorer for true Internet browsing.
- Seamless Communications: The Audiovox SMT 5600 includes mobile versions of Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger, along with
ActiveSync, which enables seamless wireless synchronization.
Additional features for business include over-the-air synchronization of PIM functions, up to nine e-mail boxes supporting POP3 and IMAP4 mail and support for the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework. The .NET Compact Framework allows enterprises to leverage IT investment by mobilizing existing Microsoft based applications. The framework is also used by a large base of developers that offer a variety of business applications for the Audiovox SMT 5600.
Cingular Wireless is offering the Audiovox SMT 5600 starting today in select markets as low as $199.99 with a two-year voice and data service contract.