Cingular Wireless today announced that it has re-introduced and enhanced its popular prepaid services, grouping them under the GoPhone(R) brand. GoPhone offers consumers a "grab and go" choice and gives them unprecedented freedom and flexibility to buy wireless services that truly meet their needs. All GoPhone Plans do not require a credit check or a contract. Customers will also have a choice of any GSM handset and accessory for prepaid services.
GoPhone, which was originally launched by AT&T Wireless in 2003, consists of two unique service offerings, "Pay As You Go" and "Pick Your Plan." These offerings provide consumers the option of a traditional prepaid solution or a plan that comes with predictable monthly payments.
Both GoPhone plans offer the same great features as traditional Cingular Wireless plans, including voicemail, text and instant messaging, MEdia(SM) Net, competitive international calling rates and downloadable ringtones, graphics and games, and no long distance or roaming charges. Additionally, Cingular GoPhone users on "Pay as You Go" and selected "Pick Your Plan" programs can also enjoy free mobile-to-mobile calling, giving them unlimited talk time with friends on Cingular's 50-million subscriber base for free.
GoPhone customers have the flexibility of using any mobile phone provisioned for the Cingular network, or choosing from one of the three pre-packaged Cingular GoPhone products, including the Nokia 6010 ($69.99), the LG C1300i ($99.99) and the Motorola V220 camera phone ($149.99). All pre-packaged GoPhone products are ready to use out of the box. For additional convenience, GoPhone users are notified of their account balance via a free text message immediately after a call is ended, and options for account replenishment are provided at this time so customers are prepared and in control of their account.
Pay As You Go
The GoPhone "Pay As You Go" plan allows users to experience the benefits of wireless mobility on Cingular's network with no annual contract or credit check and an unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling option to more than 50 million Cingular customers across the United States. The "Pay As You Go" plan is broken into two service options that are tailored to the consumer's mobile needs, providing simplicity and value right out of the box.
1. Only 10 cents per minute and $1 day (only charged $1.00 a day when used, which is different than other competitors who charge a per day use even if the product is not used). With this plan, customers receive unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling to all 50 million Cingular customers.
2. An alternative is to pay a simple flat rate of only 25 cents per minute for all calls with no additional access charges.
Pay As You Go Universal Refill Card
Cingular is launching a new universal prepaid replenishment card that will allow both new and existing GoPhone prepaid users to replenish their accounts online or at select ATM machines, with debit or credit cards. In addition, prepaid cards are available at more than 60,000 locations, including Cingular retail stores, 7-Eleven, Western Union, Target and Wal-Mart. The card denominations and expirations are as follows:
$15 - 30 days
$25 - 90 days
$50 - 90 days
$75 - 90 days
$100 - 180 days
Pick Your Plan
For consumers who want postpaid-like benefits without the contract, Cingular offers the GoPhone "Pick Your Plan" option. This option is different than any other prepaid option in the industry. Some benefits include:
- Users can choose between four plans, ranging from $29.99 to $69.99 per month and receive up to 650 minutes per month with unlimited Nights and Weekends, and unlimited Mobile to Mobile calling to all 50 Million Cingular customers, all with no annual contract, credit check or start-up fees.
- Simply establish an automatic monthly payment with a credit card, debit card or checking account that will take place the same day every month. Payments are always the same amount so no surprises.
- As consumers use their phone, minutes are deducted from the GoPhone account without having to buy a prepaid card.
- Keep your unused balance every month through the Rollover(R) Balance(TM) program, adding to the freedom and flexibility of Cingular GoPhone.
Advertising on the Go
GoPhone will be supported by a national advertising campaign including television and online, with regional print and radio support. The campaign will celebrate consumers who choose GoPhone as the best wireless solution for their lifestyle. Based on four scenarios, the campaign will explain the benefits consumers are looking for in wireless and how GoPhone uniquely fits their lifestyle. In addition, the Richard Childress Racing No. 31 Cingular Wireless Chevrolet with NASCAR driver Jeff Burton will feature a special GoPhone paint scheme at the races in Charlotte, N.C. May 29 and again in Dover, PA June 5.