Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry 7250 with built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology, integrated email, wireless phone and personal organizer delivers an exceptional wireless communications experience.
Sprint and Research In Motion (RIM) today announced the availability of the Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry(R) 7250(TM) on the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. The Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry 7250 is now available in Sprint business sales channels and can be used in conjunction with BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) or BlackBerry Internet Service(TM).
The Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry 7250 integrates email, text messaging, Internet, organizer and corporate data applications as well as high-clarity wireless phone functionality into a single, ergonomic design, giving mobile professionals the ability to keep connected and remain productive while on the go.
The device sports 32 MB of flash memory, 4 MB of SRAM, a backlit and highlighted numeric keypad, and an easy-to-navigate user interface. The Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry 7250 also includes built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology to support the use of Bluetooth-enabled headsets and hands-free car kits.
The Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry 7250 comes equipped with support for BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.0 software features. With the availability of this latest version, Sprint customers will benefit from several enhancements including:
- Wireless Backup and PIM Synchronization - Email, personal settings, browser bookmarks, contacts, calendar, tasks and other data remain up-to-date with complete cradle-free wireless synchronization.
- Attachments - Remotely viewing documents is easy with support for multiple image formats; embedded images within documents; pan, zoom and rotate functionality; tracked changes; and searching and jumping through a document.
- Wireless Email Settings - Create, edit and modify email filters or make changes to Auto-Signature and Out-of-Office replies, all directly from the BlackBerry device.
- Calendar Enhancements - Avoid scheduling issues with BlackBerry support for tentative acceptance, basic conflict/adjacent notification, and marking appointments as private.
- Sent Items Synchronization - Email sent from the desktop can also be viewed from the BlackBerry device.
- Phone Enhancements - A to Z speed dialing is supported and, with an IT policy setting in place, outgoing calls are allowed when device is locked.
- IT Enhancements - New features and functionality include simplified deployment and maintenance, improved wireless security, enhanced asset tracking and simplified application development.
For corporate customers, BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) software tightly integrates with Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based, wireless access to email and other corporate data.
For individuals and smaller businesses, BlackBerry Internet Service allows users to access up to ten corporate and/or personal email accounts (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and many popular ISP email accounts) from a single device.
The Sprint PCS Smart Device - BlackBerry 7250 is being sold through Sprint business channels, including the Sprint direct sales force and the Sprint Partner Program, for a suggested retail price of $489.99 less contract credits and instant savings.