Samsung's SCH-i730, featuring Microsoft's Windows Mobile software, is available for large account customers and on July 7 for consumers, exclusively through Verizon Wireless.
Built to support EV-DO (Evolution-Data Optimized) and certain Bluetooth profiles, the Samsung SCH-i730 makes working on-the-go a breeze. With the i730, Verizon Wireless customers get quick wireless access to the Internet via Verizon Wireless' BroadbandAccess and seamless data exchange with other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Additionally, the Samsung i730 integrates an SD I/O expansion slot for memory expansion and additional productivity applications that easily can be loaded on the device.
The i730 slider device combines form with functionality, allowing for a 65,000-color touch screen as well as a fully integrated QWERTY keyboard. The screen is ideal for easy viewing of Pocket Excel, Outlook, Power Point, PDF files and Internet Explorer Web pages, while the keyboard enables consumers to complete tasks such as easily typing e-mail messages, taking notes or working on documents via Pocket Word.
Additional specifications of Samsung's SCH-i730, featuring Microsoft's Windows Mobile Second Edition software include:
- Comprehensive Windows Mobile Support: Pocket MSN Messenger, Microsoft Reader 2.0 for Pocket PC, Windows Media Player 10, Microsoft Pictures, and ActiveSync
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Access the Internet from your local coffee shop or wherever you can find a hot spot
- SRS WOW(tm) Audio Built-in speakers offer consumers a rich listening experience
- Advanced Voice Recognition Voice technology allows consumers to dial numbers, find contacts and open applications with the sound of their voice
- Sprite Backup Application Personal information is protected with the i730's PIM software
- Large Display The 240 x 320 pixel, 2.8", 65,000-color TFT touch-sensitive LCD display is capable of holding up to 17 lines of dynamically sized text
- Compact Design Measuring only 5.2 x 2.8 x 0.6 inches and weighing 5.5 ounces with a standard battery, the i730 fits easily into a suit pocket, purse or briefcase
- Speakerphone An integrated speakerphone means that consumers can enjoy hands-free use of the i730
- MP3 Player and 3D Audio Equalizer Plays digital music and provides rich bass and full sound with SRS WOW XT audio technology and built-in stereo speakers
- Advanced Memory Capabilities 64 MB RAM/128 MB Flash and an SD I/O expansion slot allow for scalable memory expansion
- High-Speed Processor The i730 is powered by an Intel PXA 272 (520 MHz) processor
- Call Management Caller ID, voice mail, call forwarding, call waiting and call logs mean consumers always know who's on the line
- Removable Battery Perfect for road warriors, the i730's battery can be removed and replaced with a fully-charged battery while on-the-go, helping customers stay connected
- Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology Supported profiles include: Service Discovery, file transfer, generic access, HandsFree, Mono Headset, Human Interface Device Bluetooth keyboard only, Object Exchange, Object Push, Serial Port and ActiveSync
The i730 retails for $599.99 with a two-year customer agreement and will be available on July 7 in over 1,900 Verizon Wireless Communications stores including those in Circuit City as well as in Best Buy and select RadioShack stores nationwide.