The first no-compromises QWERTY is here: the new Q from Motorola. Smart, powerful, and devastatingly good-looking, the Moto Q is the ultimate power player. The world's thinnest, lightest QWERTY phone is a seamless fusion of QWERTY and phone delivering a fully-loaded package of email, voice, and entertainment in one amazingly rich but thin device. Like its cousin the RAZR, the Q's superior voice quality makes it a stand out from the competition.
Boasting flexible mobile email featuring Microsoft's Windows Mobile software, advanced cellular phone technology, rich multimedia capabilities and an easy-to-use one-handed navigation thumbwheel, the Moto Q is unique.
Truly Flexible Email
The Q is one of the first devices to operate on the latest release, Windows Mobile 5.0. Motorola Q delivers scalable and cost-effective mobile messaging support out of the box with Exchange 2003, and is also optimized for a variety of third party email solutions that enable an even broader set of corporate email capabilities. This provides a cost-effective alternative for businesses looking to leverage their existing infrastructure, training and support systems, while reducing the need for additional IT investment.
RAZR-Sharp Looks & Entertainment
Fifty percent thinner than its top competitors, the lightweight Q features Motorola's renown RAZR-thin design including electro-luminescent keys and a compact "antenna-inside" shape. Moto Q also hosts a large, vibrant, color screen, Net surfing capabilities, a 1.3 mega pixel camera with flash to help you take advantage of any downtime with fun, entertainment options. No need to grab another device on the weekend when you can leverage digital video and audio capabilities, along with cool new Bluetooth-enabled accessories like RAZRWIRE eyewear, to balance work and play.
Best Phone Experience
Leveraging Motorola's expertise in RF technology, the new Moto Q delivers the best phone experience you can get on a QWERTY. Featuring a high-quality speakerphone perfect for conference calls, voice-activated dialing, and Bluetooth functionality the Q enables hands-free multi-tasking for today's busy work environment.
Summary of Key Features
* One of the first devices to run on Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0; Optimized for Microsoft Exchange 2003 and a variety of third party email solutions that enable a broad set of corporate email capabilities
* Thinnest QWERTY device in the world, 11.5mm
* Full, ergonomic QWERTY keyboard, 5-way navigation button and thumb wheel
* Video clip capture and playback
* Connectivity via Bluetooth, IrDA and mini-USB; compatible with Motorola's line of Bluetooth-enabled wireless headsets
* Multi-Media Messaging (MMS)
* Dual, stereo-quality speakers
* Audio formats supported: iMelody, MIDI, MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, WAX, QCELP
* Image formats supported: GIF87a, GIF89a, JPEG, WBMP, BMP, PNG
* Video formats supported: H.263, MPEG-4, GSM-AMR, AAC, WMV
* Mini-SD removable memory card slot
* Large, high-resolution display (320 x 240 pixels, 65K TFT)
* 1.3 mega pixel camera with photo lighting
* PIM functionality with Picture Caller ID
* Advanced speech recognition and speakerphone
Pricing and Availability
The Moto Q is expected to be available in Q1 2006.