Samsung Electronics Canada today announced the availability of the feature-rich Samsung p207 from Rogers Wireless, the first phone with speech-to-text capabilities in Canada. The tri-band (850/1800/1900 MHz) p207 operates exclusively in Canada on the Rogers Wireless GSM/GPRS/EDGE network.
The Samsung p207 is the world's first EDGE phone with VoiceMode provided by VoiceSignal. With speech-to-text input technology, the p207 offers customers the flexibility and simplicity to dictate text messages, alleviating the need to input text with numerous key taps on a small keypad.
With a built-in dictionary, the customer trains the p207 through a series of spoken prompts that captures voice tone and intonation. After the customer adapts the system, they are ready to begin dictating messages. The more frequently VoiceMode is used, the more it adapts to the customer's voice. In addition, the customer can eliminate time-consuming steps when addressing the message by stating the recipient by name or number.
Additional key features of the p207 include:
- Stylish, unique black casing
- Advanced Voice Recognition Solutions, including: Speaker independent message addressing, name dialing, name look-up, digit dialing, check status and application launch commands
- EDGE high-speed network provides fast access to messaging and content downloads such as Real Trax MP3 ringtones and interactive 3D gaming.
- Integrated VGA camera/camcorder
- Real Trax MP3 ringtones
- Wireless multimedia messaging
The Samsung p207 wireless phone sells for $99.99 with a 3-year service agreement from Rogers Wireless.