Sprint today announced the availability of NFL Mobile, giving fans exclusive access to NFL content and original programming when they want, where they want, only on Sprint wireless phones.
The package includes: an all-NFL-all-the-time television channel - NFL Network; exclusive video- and audio-on-demand highlights from NFL Films; and up-to-the-minute team/player scores, stats and injury reports.
"Whether in the stands or in fans' hands, NFL Mobile gives Sprint customers a new view of the game," said Steve Gaffney, director of sports marketing for Sprint. "The sponsorship takes our support of the game to the next level for customers, driving original and exclusive content directly to the third screen in their lives - one device they carry everyday - their wireless phone."
Revolutionizing the way fans gather information about their favorite NFL teams, the NFL Mobile application lays the foundation for even more unique programming from both Sprint and the NFL.
As the Official Wireless Telecommunications Service Sponsor of the NFL, Sprint is able to deliver unprecedented fan benefits with this unique service.
NFL Mobile - Total Programming
Now fans can connect to the NFL, their favorite teams and players in a way that's uniquely their own by customizing and personalizing content such as:
* This Week - Scores by game, game video and audio highlights and schedules.
* NFL Network - Provides exclusive video on demand such as NFL Total Access News, player and coach interviews, Sounds of the Game, Super Bowl highlight reels from all 39 previous Super Bowls, and the popular Greatest Players and Rivalries segments.
* Team Information - Get the latest on your favorite team with this easy-to-use, comprehensive listing of scores, standings, schedules, player statistics, injuries and transactions.
* Player Information - Find out how your favorite player performed in a user-friendly format by team or position, including statistics, biographies and commentary.
* NFL Fantasy - With more content coming soon, this segment of the package will offer up-to-the minute stats for fantasy leaders by position and expert commentary and highlights from the Hollywood Fantasy League.
* NFL Store - This section allows for over-the-air purchases of NFL-themed ringers, screen savers, games and more.
NFL Mobile is $5.99 a month and is available today on phones that operate on both the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and the Nextel National Network. For a full listing of devices and a complete listing of Sprint PCS Vision(SM) services, visit www.sprint.com.
Live and exclusive streaming audio/video of the NFL Network television channel with programming that includes:
* Playbook - An Xs and Os football show with an entertaining flair, featuring football analysis.
* Total Access - Features regular interviews with players and coaches from around the NFL.
* Game of the Week - Takes fans inside two of the previous Sunday's best games highlighting outstanding performances and crucial plays using NFL Films slow-motion cinematography.
* Coachspeak - A live show featuring Monday press conferences from head coaches around the NFL.
NFL Network is available on select Sprint phones on Sprint TV, Sprint TV Live and Mobi-TV exclusively for Sprint customers.
NFL Films - Great Moments, Present and Past
In a video-on-demand format, NFL Films includes both in-season and archive video clips offered exclusively by NFL Films. Audio highlights will be available and updated at the end of each quarter throughout the regular season and post season. All in-season game video highlights will be available beginning at 1 a.m. Eastern the Monday following Sunday games. During the regular season, most game video highlights and in-game audio highlights will be available as well as NFL news updates, player/coach interviews and NFL event coverage.
NFL Films Archives video clips include the Super Bowl highlight reels, the NFL's Greatest Players and Rivalries, Best of NFL Films, and classic NFL audio and video programming. Audio and video coverage from NFL events such as Super Bowl XL, Pro Bowl and 2006 NFL Draft also will be available. NFL Films is currently available on select Sprint phones.
Another simple way for fans to interact with the game, customers can sign up and manage their text alerts online (http://textalerts.sprint.com) or on their wireless phone. Today, fans can receive exclusive NFL alerts for news and scores, with more messaging content coming soon on players, fantasy