Vodafone K.K. today announces that on 11 November 2005 it will commence nationwide sales of the Mobile FeliCa smart card equipped Vodafone 703SHf 3G handset by Sharp. In addition, it will launch the 'Vodafone live! FeliCa' service on 11 November so customers can use their handsets for plane ticketing, point programmes and electronic money shopping.
The 703SHf is Vodafone K.K.'s first Mobile Wallet ("Osaifu-Keitai") compatible handset with an embedded Mobile FeliCa smartcard.
The main features of the 703SHf are as follows:
*Vodafone K.K.'s first Mobile Wallet handset with embedded Mobile FeliCa smart card. The handset features enhanced security functions that allows customers to remotely lock the Mobile FeliCa smart card by phone or mail* in case of loss, making it relevant for use on a daily basis in various ways.
*Not available when the handset is out of range, set in off-line mode or switched off.
- Lightest Mobile Wallet handset weighing in at approximately 109 grams, with enhanced
basic functions such as a 1.3 megapixel camera and a 2.0-inch Mobile ASV LCD. The 703SHf is the lightest* Mobile Wallet compatible handset, weighing in at approximately 109 grams. It also has the smallest width in the Vodafone 3G lineup at approximately 47mm. In its easy-to-carry compact and slim body, the handset features
enhanced basic functions such as a 1.3 megapixel camera that can snap close-ups and a
high-quality wide angle view 2.0-inch Mobile ASV LCD.
*Host of useful features such as a Music Player for music track enjoyment and 'Custom
Screens' which let customers choose from 3 menu and icon themes, including Disney
characters, to suit their style
The 703SHf features a Music Player that supports Chaku-Uta Full music tracks downloaded from Vodafone live! or PC music files transferred to memory cards. It also has a variety of convenient and fun functions, such as 'Custom Screens', which let customers choose from 3 menu and icon themes, including Disney characters, to suit their style, and Quick Operations that automatically displays options such as Calculator and Alarm on the screen when numbers are entered in the keypad for a speedy selection of functions. In addition, despite its compact body, the 703SHf fully supports Vodafone K.K. 3G services such as video calls and global roaming.
Vodafone live! FeliCa Service Overview
1. Main Features
- By swiping the handset over a reader, customers can use transportation, electronic money,
and point programmes relevant to their daily lives
- A new Vodafone live! FeliCa menu will be added to the Vodafone live! menu list
- Possible to check usage histories, balances and other information on the handset display
by using IC applis of various services*1
- Possible to make online recharges and conduct a variety of procedures over the network
- Possible to lock functions both remotely and directly*2. Customers can confirm lock status
via display icons, and by mail and phone if the handset is not readily available*3
- Possible to activate various functions (mail, V-appli, browser, vibration, text) by swiping the
- Possible to offer large-size IC applis by utilising V-appli features
*1: Communication charges may apply depending on the service.
*2: Not available when the handset is out of range, set in off-line mode or switched off.
*3: May not be supported according to handset model.