|Verizon Wireless Introduces V CAST Music|
Posted: 06-Jan-2006 [Source: Verizon Wireless]
[V CAST Music combines over-the-air, full-music downloads with the ability to move digital music between a Windows PC and a wireless phone. Service launches January 16, V CAST Music-enabled phones include the LG VX8100 and the Samsung a950.]
Las Vegas -- Verizon Wireless announced that it is launching the world's most comprehensive music service, V CAST Music, which offers customers the ability to download music over the air directly to their wireless phones or straight to their Windows XP PCs and transfer digital music between the PC and the phone. On January 16, 2006, V CAST Music from Verizon Wireless will give customers immediate access to songs from well-known artists at major music labels Warner Music Group, EMI Music, Universal and Sony/BMG, as well as indie provider The Orchard, and will let them play music on their wireless phones. The company said more than one million songs will be available for purchase in the Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Store by spring.
V CAST Music combines the immediacy of over-the-air, full-music downloads with the ability to move a digital music collection between a Windows XP PC and a wireless phone. The service lets customers browse, preview, download and play high-quality digital music from their phones or online in the Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Store. Purchases from the phone also feature a dual-download of the song, giving customers the ability to get the same song on both their phone and their PC for one price. V CAST Music also allows customers to take digital music already downloaded to their PC and sync it with their handset via USB cable, using the most widely-respected and comprehensive Digital Rights Management (DRM) standard, from Microsoft, available in the United States today.
V CAST Music Service Details
* Customers purchasing songs from the V CAST Music Store from the phone get two copies of every song -- one for the phone and one for the Windows XP PC.
* Purchases from the PC cost $0.99 and may be transferred via USB cable to the phone; purchases from the handset cost $1.99 for both copies.
* V CAST Music customers will also be able to purchase entire albums via their Windows XP PCs; prices vary by album.
* One million songs will be available on V CAST Music by spring; songs will be from artists at major music labels (Warner Music Group, EMI Music, Universal and Sony/BMG), as well as independent providers (The Orchard).
* Several V CAST Music-enabled phones will be available at launch, including the LG VX8100 and the Samsung a950.
* V CAST Music launches on January 16, 2006, and will be available through Verizon Wireless' 1,900 Communications Stores and Circuit City locations and online.
* The V CAST Music Online Store will be located at: http://www.verizonwireless.com/music
Back to Headlines...