Verizon Business, the new provider of advanced communications and information technology (IT) solutions to large businesses and government, today officially opened for business at its offices in more than 75 countries around the world. It unveiled a robust line of integrated services - including new integrated wireless and wired network access offerings - and a targeted advertising campaign to introduce and establish the Verizon Business brand in the business marketplace.
Verizon Business currently serves 94 percent of the Fortune 500 largest companies, is the leading communications provider for the federal government and also provides services to some of the nation's largest states, including California and New York.
Integrated Next-Generation Solutions
The new Verizon Business product suite combines the capabilities of the former Verizon Enterprise Solutions Group and MCI to offer a comprehensive portfolio of advanced end-to-end communications and IT solutions to satisfy the needs of our customers. Verizon Business will use its global reach, local density and unsurpassed combination of wireless and wireline capabilities to be a single-source provider of complete local-to-global IP networking, managed services, security, IT services, mobility and business continuity solutions, and more.
The new integrated wireless and wired network access offerings in the U.S., announced by Verizon Business today, are designed to enable workforce mobility and maintain uninterrupted business operations. The new offerings demonstrate the benefits of the merger by combining the power of Verizon Wireless, America's most reliable network, with the Verizon Business global IP network.
The new Verizon Business portfolio includes:
* Data and IP Networking Solutions - Companies can take advantage of the breath and depth of Verizon Business' local-to-global private networking capabilities, including a broad range of Internet access services, world class Private IP, an MPLS-based global networking solution, one of the broadest and deepest Ethernet footprints, optical network solutions and traditional data services such as frame relay, ATM and private line.
* Managed Services - Verizon Business' expertise managing large customer WAN and LAN network environments protected by its "cloud-to-core" security solutions constitute an award-winning solution suite, featuring the company's IMPACT network management system and Finium security platform.
* Advanced Voice Applications - Verizon Business is taking voice to the next level with a wide range of groundbreaking VoIP solutions and Contact Center Services, featuring speech recognition and Web-based offerings, and advanced collaboration solutions through its premier Conferencing services.
* IT Services - Helping customers meet a wide range of requirements from simple collocation to full IT applications management, Verizon IT Solutions allow customers to focus on their core business while trusting their data to a secure, stable and reliable technology infrastructure. Verizon Business offers a comprehensive range of integrated IT solutions enabling enterprise applications to be hosted either at a customer's location, in the Verizon Business network or within a data center.
* Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) - From network-based services to CPE solutions, Verizon Business is a leader offering a full range of tailored solutions to meet individual customer location requirements.
* All-Distance Voice Services - Through its local network depth and global network reach, Verizon Business is able to benefit customers with all-distance services that begin and end on a single-source provider's world-class network.
'High-Tech, Human-Touch' Customer Approach
Verizon Business' new print, broadcast and online advertising campaign is targeted for business and government market audiences and highlights the "high-tech, human-touch" approach to business service delivery adopted by Verizon Business. Through its local sales and service branch system, Verizon Business' expert global sales and service force is dedicated to harnessing the power of communications and information technology for their customers, while partnering with them to deliver responsive, personalized service and support. In addition, the online Verizon Business Customer Center portal gives customers the flexibility to determine the level of account and service management -- including network monitoring and configuration, service ordering, trouble ticketing, and online billing and payment -- they wish to handle themselves.