Attendees of 3GSM World Congress will experience the power of 3G and seamless mobility in the palm of their hands from Freescale Semiconductor, which will be showcasing its full range of wireless solutions for device manufacturers.
Franz Fink, senior vice president and general manager of Freescale's Wireless and Mobile Systems Group said, "Today, mobile connectivity has moved far beyond traditional voice communication to a broad array of converged multimedia devices. We're providing manufacturers the flexibility and design freedom to create feature-rich products, while keeping size, power and cost requirements low."
Seamless mobility: Here and now at the Freescale booth
3GSM attendees will experience the following Freescale technologies for next-generation mobile devices at the show:
* 3G Mobile Platforms: Freescale will demonstrate voice calls on its Mobile eXtreme Convergence 3G platform (MXC300), the industry's first and only single core modem-based platform, as well as voice and data calls on its MXC275 platform.
* Beyond 3G with HSDPA: Freescale is making HSDPA a reality -- demonstrating 3.6Mbps of true data throughput in a multi-call environment on its i.300-30 Innovative Convergence(TM) platform.
* eXtreme Energy Conservation: Freescale will feature its innovative power-saving XEC software which optimizes on-chip low power features for even longer battery life.
* Multimedia Applications Processor: Freescale will showcase the industry's highest performing, lowest power applications processor -- the i.MX31 -- for cellular handsets and portable media players.
* Mobile Television: Freescale will display its DVB-H tuner integrated on its single core modem processor. The Freescale DVB-H tuner is one of the most popular on the market and designed into many DVB-H terminals currently in the field.
* Ultra-Wideband: Freescale will demonstrate its Cable-Free technology that enables wireless audio, video and data streaming using Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology.
* WiMAX: Freescale will feature its Power QUICC-enabled CPE 3G WiMAX base station, demonstrating scalable solutions for network infrastructure across multiple air interfaces and protocols.
* Video IP Phones: Freescale will demonstrate a Wi-Fi video handset that delivers an amazing videoconferencing experience in a stylish cordless telephone handset. With the TV-out capability, users can connect to their television for a big screen videoconference event.