T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announces the availability of the newest generation of the T-Mobile Sidekick, while the highly anticipated device makes its official public debut tonight among Hollywood's elite.
Existing T-Mobile customers will be the first to be able to purchase the T-Mobile Sidekick 3. For an initial 12-day period beginning on Wednesday, June 28, limited quantities of the in-demand all-in-one communications device will be available exclusively to current T-Mobile USA post-paid customers through the company's online handset upgrade program accessible through www.sidekick.com, and in person at two designated T-Mobile retail stores.(a)
T-Mobile Sidekick 3 will be available to the general public at T-Mobile retail stores and online at www.sidekick.com beginning on Monday, July 10.
Tonight, in the heart of Hollywood, T-Mobile Sidekick fans and celebrities alike will celebrate the arrival of the newest version of the ultimate communications device. They will walk the red carpet at The Hollywood Palladium and enter an "ultimate dream world" where imagination, fun and spontaneity will run wild, capturing the essence of the T-Mobile Sidekick's fashionable roots and trend-setting spirit.
The T-Mobile Sidekick 3 has a sleek design that is 20 percent smaller than its predecessor, and features a new trackball for easy one-handed navigation and integrated Bluetooth technology for wireless headset use. The device is also enhanced with a new MP3 player, removable battery, and Mini-SD card slot for expandable memory.
In addition to the phone capabilities, the device provides text messaging, e-mail and built-in support for the three major instant messenger (IM) clients (AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger) to help customers stay on track with their personal lives (separate charges apply).
Other additional Sidekick 3 capabilities, which will enable T-Mobile customers to stay connected to their friends and family wherever they go, include integrated support for EDGE, which provides for faster download speeds for subscribers' favorite social networking sites and all other Web sites; and a built-in megapixel camera for capturing those once-in-a-lifetime spontaneous moments.
Key new features of T-Mobile Sidekick 3 include these:
* Built-in support for all three major IM clients (AIM, Yahoo! Messenger and MSN Messenger)
* Full HTML browser with enhancements for faster downloading and optimized viewing
* Automatic connection to the EDGE radio technology network for improved communication through faster downloading and improved coverage
* Sleeker design that is 20 percent smaller for a more natural feeling in your hand and pocket
* Trackball for one-handed navigation to easily access more functions
* Built-in Bluetooth support for wireless headset use and vCard exchange
* Integrated 1.3 megapixel camera with supplemental LED flash for close-range illumination and a convex mirror for self-portraits
* MP3 player with support for a stereo headset
* Mini-SD card slot for expandable memory available for storing photos, music and more
* Speedier ARM9 processor
* Replaceable battery pack with added capacity
(a) Upgrade eligibility requirements apply. T-Mobile Retail Stores that will offer T-Mobile Sidekick 3 to walk-in T-Mobile customers are located at 307 Madison Ave. (at 42nd St.) in New York City and 335 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica, Calif.