|Sprint and Sanyo Introduce Katana|
Posted: 13-Jul-2006 [Source: Sprint]
[New ultra-thin Katana by Sanyo features Bluetooth, built-in camera, speakerphone and 65K color internal and external displays.]
Overland Park, Kan and Chatsworth, CA -- The legendary Katana, best known as a precision instrument sword used by the Samurai, has a new identity, that of a cutting-edge wireless phone by Sprint and SANYO. This ultra-thin, affordable phone features Bluetooth Wireless Technology and a built-in camera and is designed to appeal to the fashion-centric consumer who likes to make a statement with the wireless phone he or she carries. Making its debut throughout the month of July in four bold colors, including Mystic Black, Blue Sapphire, Cherry Blossom Pink, and Polar White, which is a color that will be sold exclusively at RadioShack, the Katana will be available at Sprint Stores, online (www.sprint.com) and at select third-party retailers for $279.99 or $79.99 after rebates with a two-year subscriber agreement.
*Dimensions: 3.9" x 2.0" x 0.6" Weight: 3.5 ounces
*65K color QVGA-resolution TFT LCD: 1.3" x 1.8"
*65K color TFT external LCD: .8" x .5"
*Standard rechargeable Lithium (LiIon) battery provides up to 3.6 hours continuous talk time.
* Sleek Profile - Ultra-thin clamshell design and internal antenna.
* Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Enjoy hands-free communication by using headsets, car-kits, and other select Bluetooth-capable devices. Transfer addresses using Bluetooth and use the phone as a dial-up modem for quick access to the Internet. Bluetooth accessories sold separately.
* Large, High-Resolution Main Display - See more detail and more text in high resolution.
* Built-In VGA Camera - Capture images up to 480 x 640 pixels with the built-in VGA camera with digital zoom.
* Built-in Speakerphone - Accomplish other tasks while you talk with callers through a two-way speakerphone.
* Sprint PCS Vision * Sprint PCS Picture Mail(SM) * Text Messaging * Wireless Backup
Back to Headlines...