Fujitsu Media Devices Limited (FMD), a leading manufacturer specialized in devices for portable communications equipment, has developed the T0212AZ0836, the world's smallest high-performance transmitter module for CDMA (Cell band) mobile phones. Fujitsu Media Devices will start to supply samples this October. Fujitsu Media Devices lines up for W-CDMA and dual bands (Cell/PCS) in the future.
Fujitsu Media Devices is developing a number of electronics devices for mobile phones (SAW filters, SAW duplexers, VCOs, etc.) as one of the leading suppliers in the world, with 20-25% of the global market share. Fujitsu Media Devices is growing technologies -- including its miniaturization and unique high frequency circuit design by developing these devices. The module is small and high performance fully using the technologies.
"FMD's new module, the T0212AZ0836, has successfully achieved greater density in response to requests from our customers. By optimizing the design of FMD's SAW filters for the T0212AZ0836, we have realized the high-quality finished module," said Kimiaki Iyori, Director VCO/RF integration Devices Design & Development Dept., Communication Devices Division at Fujitsu Media Devices.
1. Small and high performances - As RF components -- the power amplifier (PA), SAW filter, SAW duplexer, etc. -- in the transmitter circuit are built into one, the size becomes small to 8.0mm x 5.0mm (height 1.4mm max). Due to the SAW filters and SAW duplexers own-made by Fujitsu Media Devices, it makes the best design on the module possible. Therefore the performances are very good, like high power efficiency and high isolation. It is a resin mold type.
2. Reduced circuit area - The module makes the circuit area reduced to about 30% compared to using all of its discrete components. The circuit needs around 10 components and more if discrete parts are used. However the module also makes components-mount-process and components-management-process reduced.
3. Short design term - The customer doesn't need to design and check the matching between the PA-SAW filter and the PA-SAW duplexer.
4. Sample price and shipment
Part number Sample price Shipment
T0212AZ0836 USD 10.00 From October 2006
5. Sales target - 1 million pieces per month is our production target in January 2007.