Sprint announced plans to launch the latest Motorola handset, MOTOKRZR; the popular MOTORAZR; and the candy-bar style handset, MOTOSLVR. Harnessing the speed of Sprint's Power Vision(SM) EVDO network, Sprint's MOTOKRZR, MOTORAZR and MOTOSLVR will enable customers to access the latest news, music and entertainment content at broadband-like speeds.
On Sprint's Power Vision(SM) network, MOTOKRZR, MOTORAZR and MOTOSLVR will be the only versions of these handsets to offer access to:
* NFL Mobile, a Sprint-exclusive wireless application that brings fans access to same-day video highlights, customizable real-time statistics, scores, injury reports and other information updated every two seconds.
* Sprint TV(SM) with more than 50 channels of live television and on-demand video and audio.
* Sprint Movies, the first "pay-per-view" service for mobile phones in the U.S. that streams full-length movies, including recent box-office hits and timeless favorites from Buena Vista VOD, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures. Sprint Movies offers a growing list of more than 45 titles, including "National Treasure," "Spider-Man 2" and "Scarface."
* Sprint Music Store(SM), which allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone.
* Sprint Power View, the industry's first made-for-mobile sports and entertainment video programming network.
Just recently announced by Motorola as the next generation of the world-renowned MOTORAZR, MOTOKRZR is made with elegant and robust materials, including magnesium, polished chrome and hardened glass. The solid glass on the front - a technological breakthrough and a first for a large-volume handset - results in a fashionable, high-gloss luster balancing the soft velvet-like finish on the back.
Sprint's MOTOKRZR, MOTORAZR and MOTOSLVR are expected to be available by early November. Customers can register at www.Sprint.com/MOTOKRZR to be contacted about purchasing MOTOKRZR as soon as it becomes available. All three devices will offer advanced features including high-quality cameras, Phone as Modem (PAM) capabilities, Bluetooth wireless technology and Telenav GPS application offering turn-by-turn driving directions.
Customers purchasing the KRZR, RAZR or SLVR as a replacement for an existing mobile phone are encouraged to donate their current phone, battery and accessories to Sprint Project Connect. Donated equipment, regardless of make, model or service provider, will be recycled in an environmentally friendly manner or refurbished and resold with proceeds benefiting K-12 education. More information, including a prepaid mailing label, can be found at www.sprint.com/projectconnect.