T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announced the upcoming availability of the new T-Mobile Dash(TM), a Smartphone designed to help customers master their busy home and work life. The full-featured T-Mobile Dash delivers voice calling, personal and business e-mail, and Wi-Fi capabilities in a small, sleek package.
Manufactured by High Tech Computer Corp. (HTC) and available exclusively from T-Mobile, the easy-to-use Smartphone, powered by Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 with Direct Push Technology, has a soft-touch exterior and full QWERTY keyboard -- great for consumers who want to have their e-mail, contacts and calendar on-the-go but are looking for a sleek device they can comfortably use with one hand. The T-Mobile Dash provides quick and convenient access to personal and business e-mail, instant messaging and text messaging(a), as well as a great phone experience with speakerphone and Bluetooth connectivity for reliable hands-free use. It also includes a 1.3-megapixel camera for capturing those important moments and Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for music and video on-the-go.
The T-Mobile Dash is a myFaves(SM)-enabled phone, taking advantage of the new wireless communications experience available only through T-Mobile. Customers are empowered with a fun and easy-to-use phone interface which, when coupled with a myFaves rate plan, facilitates unlimited nationwide calling to any five U.S. phone numbers (excluding toll-free and 900 numbers).
"The T-Mobile Dash empowers customers to connect easily to the people who matter most to them," said Mike Selman, director, Marketing, T-Mobile USA. "And it gives the freedom to choose how to communicate, whether it's calling their loved ones, e-mailing with friends, or sharing presentations with a client from one of more than 7,200 T-Mobile HotSpot locations."
Todd Achilles, vice president of Sales and Marketing for HTC America, said, "Our goal at HTC has always been to create devices that let people communicate, work and entertain themselves whenever and wherever they choose. The T-Mobile Dash represents another major breakthrough in product design, and we couldn't be more excited to bring our smallest full keyboard, Wi-Fi enabled device to market with our partner T-Mobile."
Super sleek at just 0.51 inches thin and weighing 4.2 ounces, the T-Mobile Dash is built upon Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5.0 platform, including Outlook Mobile for up-to-date e-mail, calendar and contact information. The T-Mobile Dash also supports the Messaging and Security Feature Pack with Direct Push Technology out-of-the-box, providing instant e-mail and enhanced security features (that let you wipe a device if stolen or require high-security passwords to access information).
"Mobile devices today need to provide solutions for all aspects of life on-the-go, from business information to making plans with friends," said Doug Smith, director of marketing, Mobile and Embedded Devices, Microsoft Corp. "We're excited to see the launch of the T-Mobile Dash; the combination of the Windows Mobile platform, cool form factor and myFaves experience is setting a new standard for devices that navigate through all aspects of managing a busy lifestyle with ease and grace."
Key features of the T-Mobile Dash include:
* Thin, soft-touch design with full QWERTY keyboard
* Access to personal and business e-mail as well as calendar, and contacts with Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile
* Use personal and business e-mail with accounts from Microsoft Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo Mail Plus, Comcast, EarthLink, and many more
* Support for personal e-mail and all four major instant messaging providers: AOL, Yahoo!, MSN and ICQ(a)
* Access to high-speed data connections virtually anywhere -- at home, at work, around town or abroad with quad-band GSM, GPRS, EDGE and (with a separate add-on plan) Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
* Speakerphone and stereo Bluetooth wireless technology for reliable hands-free use
* Windows Media Player 10 Mobile to play audio and video files from the Internet, e-mail or transferred from a PC
* A 1.3-megapixel camera for capturing still images and video
* Ability to make use of MicroSD expandable memory, purchased separately, to allow users to store a multitude of personal multimedia, including songs, photos and videos
* Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 platform with Microsoft Direct Push Technology: receive e-mails in real-time and conveniently access the calendar and address book
* T-Mobile myFaves-enabled, so users can sign up for service that gives them unlimited nationwide calling to any five U.S. numbers (excluding toll-free and 900 numbers), with no domestic roaming or long-distance charges, and that lets them display these five contacts on a customizable myFaves home screen
* Large color display (2.4-inch screen with 65K colors and 320x240 pixels)
* Dimensions: 4.4 inches by 2.5 inches by 0.51 inches; 4.2 ounces with standard battery
* Battery life: up to five hours of talk time and up to nine days of standby
The T-Mobile Dash will be available exclusively to T-Mobile customers beginning Oct. 25 at T-Mobile retail stores and online at www.t-mobile.com. Prior to retail availability, consumers can learn more about the T-Mobile Dash at http://www.t-mobileregistration.com/dash.
(a) Separate additional charges may apply.