msystems, a leader in smart personal storage, and LG Electronics (LG), a global leader in consumer electronics and mobile communications, today announced that the new 3G multimedia model U830 handset will deliver a new range of powerful capabilities to subscribers and mobile network operators (MNOs) with support for msystems' MegaSIM card.
The MegaSIM-supporting LG U830 is a 3G mobile handset with a host of impressive features like a two megapixel camera, 200MB of internal memory, Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP) connectivity and a MP3/AAC/WMA media player. With up to 1GB of additional flash memory provided by a MegaSIM card, the LG U830 has the storage capacity to support this functionality within a slim design. Sporting a clamshell design, the phone will soon be released as part of the stylish Chocolate series.
With the MegaSIM card, MNOs can deliver compelling new services and mobile content to the LG U830, which can then provide the means to realize new revenue streams. The abundant storage capacity, advanced security features and additional processing power found in the U830 handset with the MegaSIM card enable services like:
* secure downloading of content, audio and video clips
* flexible DRM, including on-card rights management
* full PIM functionality
* storage of new applications for subscriber activation
* MNO based personalization and branding
* personal storage for user-generated content such as large phone directories and high-resolution photos
* the ability to customize services based on subscriber tastes and habits