Sprint and SANYO today announced the full-channel availability of the M1 by SANYO, a Sprint Power Vision(SM) enabled wireless phone that offers an unprecedented combination of features and capabilities aimed at today's mobile music and entertainment users. As Sprint's first phone with 1GB of internal memory, the M1 by SANYO features storage for up to 16 hours* of music and other multimedia files including pictures, video clips and voice recording.
The attractive M1 by SANYO provides quick and easy access to Sprint-exclusive content, including:
* Sprint Music Store(SM), which allows users to browse and wirelessly download full-length songs directly to their phone.
* Sprint TV(SM) with more than 50 channels of television and on-demand video and audio including more than 20 channels offering live content.
* NFL Mobile, a Sprint-exclusive wireless application that brings fans access to same-day video highlights, customizable real-time statistics, scores, injury reports and other information updated every two seconds.
* Sprint Movies, the first "pay-per-view" service for mobile phones in the U.S. that streams full-length movies, including recent box-office hits and timeless favorites from Buena Vista VOD, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Universal Pictures.
* Sprint Power View, the industry's first made-for-mobile sports and entertainment video programming network.
The M1 by SANYO's advanced power management offers up to 18** hours of continuous music-playing time to support extended use of the multimedia capabilities. Additional key features include stereo Bluetooth wireless technology, a 2.0 megapixel camera with auto-focus, nine equalizer settings for fine-tuning the listening experience, and background music mode for listening to music while checking e-mail, surfing the Web or sending text messages. The M1 by SANYO also has external controls and large external LCD for optimal usability.
"The M1 is the music phone with more -- more onboard memory storage, more music-playing time, more camera image resolution, more multimedia capabilities, more everything," said Andy Kodera, senior vice president and general manager of SANYO Fisher Company's Wireless Communications Division. "The M1 is really the perfect companion for Sprint's powerful network and rich content and service offerings."
"Music and entertainment lovers will definitely appreciate the M1 by SANYO," said Danny Bowman, vice president of device marketing and planning for Sprint. "With one gigabyte of internal memory, this good-looking wireless phone will easily become the only device you need to take your music with you on-the-go."
The M1 by SANYO is available through all Sprint retail channels including www.Sprint.com. Suggested retail price is $349.99 or $199.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement.