Sprint and Motorola announced today they plan to begin offering the Sprint Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO Q(TM) by Motorola later this month in Sprint business sales channels and online at www.sprint.com. Sprint is expected to begin offering the MOTO Q in all channels including Sprint Stores in mid-February.
Slim and stylish, the MOTO Q offered from Sprint operates on the Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Platform with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and gives customers easy access to mobile email*, Web*, calendar, music, video and phone functionality in one pocket-sized device. Exclusive features available only from Sprint include:
* Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the Sprint Power Vision(SM) Network.
* Customized Sprint Powerdeck - The NEW Sprint Powerdeck Located in the Internet Explorer Favorites Menu will provide users with Featured Content, optimized content links and an online searchable User Guide for convenient access to tips, troubleshooting techniques and how-to instructions.
* NFL Mobile - available exclusively from Sprint, this application brings the world of NFL to your handset. Access team content, check real-time scores and stats, and shop for NFL downloads. NFL Mobile is included with any Sprint Power Vision data pack starting as low as $15 a month.
* On Demand - retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button.
In addition to the exclusive Sprint offerings, customers can benefit from the following advanced features:
* Enhanced email capabilities with Good Mobile Messaging - provides secure, real-time access to email and corporate data with familiar, Outlook-like interface. Available directly from the Sprint Powerdeck allowing for convenient and easy installation*
* QWERTY keyboard for easy, accurate messaging
* Flexible push e-mail capabilities including support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Good Mobile Messaging, as well as consumer email solutions such as POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP protocols*
* Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Outlook e-mail, calendar, tasks and contacts
* Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for playback and streaming of music, video and audio
* Large, high-resolution display
* Integrated version 1.2 Bluetooth wireless technology 1.2
* 1.3 MP camera with flash and 6x digital zoom, video capture with sound and playback
* Externally accessible mini SD card slot for additional storage
* Five-way navigation button and thumb wheel for single-handed operation
Sprint is enabling the MOTO Q with flexible connectivity options including phone-as-modem functionality to allow customers to use the device with a laptop for high-speed data access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.*