Mobile solutions innovator Kodiak Networks and ZTE Corp., a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions, today announced they have signed a worldwide licensing and strategic marketing agreement. Under the agreement, ZTE will feature Kodiak Networks integrated mobile applications on multiple Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) devices, including ruggedized handsets for several geographic and vertical markets.
The licensing agreement allows ZTE to integrate the embedded Kodiak handset client with UMTS (3G) handsets for the enterprise, professional, and field workforce markets. One of the fastest-growing telecommunications equipment companies worldwide, ZTE announced a full series of 3G handsets in December 2006. The first Kodiak-enabled ZTE handset is scheduled for release in the second half of 2007.
ZTE and Kodiak will be integrating the following applications and feature functionality into UMTS devices:
* Mobile Conference - Allows immediate dialout of full-duplex, mobile conference calls to both wireless and wireline participants.
* Group SMS - Enables convenient SMS communications with individuals or groups.
* PTT Presence - Displays on-screen icons indicating the real-time availability or status of individuals and groups to receive calls.
* Push to Talk - Provides users with an instant 1:1 or group calling communications option with fast call-setup times and guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS).
* Voice Notes - Allows users to leave instant voicemail messages from Kodiak-enabled PTT phones to contacts/groups with wireless phone numbers without ringing the recipient's phone.
* Convert to Cellular - Gives users the ability to convert a half-duplex PTT conversation to a full-duplex group conference call.
* Call Me Alerts - Enhances the efficiency of PTT calling by allowing subscribers to send an on-screen alert to another PTT user to request a voice conversation.