Continuing to redefine the mobile Internet experience for millions of consumers around the world, Yahoo! Inc. announced the availability of gamma version of Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 on Windows Mobile powered devices. Expanding this innovative service to the popular Windows Mobile platform will enable consumers to use it on 75 Windows Mobile devices from major manufacturers. In total the service will be supported by more than 175 different mobile phone models, including more than 100 models available today. Consumers should check for the latest device availability at http://go.yahoo.com.
As part of its effort to bring Yahoo! Go 2.0 to Windows Mobile powered devices, Yahoo! and HTC also announced a partnership to preload Yahoo! services including Yahoo! Go 2.0 on millions of HTC devices. Yahoo! Go 2.0 is also expected to be supported on select Windows Mobile powered devices from other leading device manufacturers.
Yahoo! Go 2.0 is an innovative application that redefines the mobile Internet experience for consumers through the ability to personalize with content from the entire Internet and a reinvention of mobile search.
Key features of Yahoo! Go 2.0 for Windows Mobile include:
* Search reinvented for mobile consumers -- oneSearch is designed to recognize the intent of a search term and presents relevant content not just a list of web links to PC sites on the results page. Results are grouped by subject making it easy to read through and drill down to get more details.
* Be local, no matter where you are -- The Local & Maps widget gives quick access to comprehensive local directory information for businesses across the US, enhanced with ratings and reviews from the millions-strong Yahoo! community. Interactive maps feature the ability to search directly for businesses, get driving directions and real time traffic updates.
* Rich, highly personalizable content from millions of sources -- Current headlines and a breaking news ticker in the News, Sports, Entertainment, Weather and Finance widgets keep consumers connected to the information that matters to them. Consumers can customize to receive content from the millions of sources on the Web that publish in RSS.
* Photo sharing keeps consumers connected to their community -- The Flickr widget integrates one of the Web's most innovative and prolific photo-sharing communities, making it easy to upload1 and manage images from their camera phone. Consumers can also easily share photos, view their friends pictures and browse or search the millions of images.
* Streamlined e-mail keeps consumers in sync -- The E-mail widget allows consumers to quickly respond to, delete or compose new messages or view attachments with a single click - all automatically synchronized with their Yahoo! Mail account in real time.