CBS and Sprint (NYSE: S) announced today that programming from America's most watched network is coming to Sprint TVSM with live mobilecasts, full episodes and video clips from popular CBS programs.
The content will include:
* Live nightly mobilecasts of the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH KATIE COURIC;
* Full episodes of JERICHO on demand;
* Video clips from hit primetime shows, including CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CSI: MIAMI, CSI: NY, NUMB3RS, NCIS and SURVIVOR;
* Daily clips from popular late-night talk shows the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN and THE LATE LATE SHOW with CRAIG FERGUSON;
* Daily clips from ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT; and
* Classic clips from series in the CBS Paramount library, including THE BRADY BUNCH and I LOVE LUCY.
The agreement with Sprint enables CBS to sell advertising across its programming on the Sprint TV platform. The advertising will appear as brief commercials before the clips and as spots within the news simulcast.
"With this agreement, CBS is on the forefront of providing a scalable advertising solution for media buyers who want ad time on CBS's mobile-video content," said Cyriac Roeding, Executive Vice President, CBS Mobile, CBS Interactive. "As we continue to expand the number of places that wireless customers can get CBS Mobile content, Sprint provides a terrific new platform on which CBS and our advertisers can connect with viewers, and a new opportunity to learn how audiences engage with our content on this emerging programming medium."
"With new popular content from CBS, our customers can enjoy even more quality programming anywhere within our nationwide mobile broadband network," said John Burris, vice president of wireless data, Sprint. "We are proud to be recognized as a leader in data services -- not only through mobile video, but also award-winning mobile music and location-based services that help make our customers' lives simpler, more productive and more entertaining."