Motorola, Inc. today announced the debut of the MOTO Z8, featuring crystal clear video capture and playback at 30 frames per second and up to 32GB of expandable memory. The MOTO Z8, the world's first kick slider, is expected to hit shelves in Europe and Asia in June. It will enable entertainment fans to get mobile TV2, video and music all on one device. As an added bonus, a 512MB memory card will be included in-box pre-loaded with a full-length feature film - "The Bourne Identity" - from Universal Pictures.
The Z8 delivers best-in-class design, functionality and hard-to-match experiences with:
* Faster than... -- Provides mobile broadband2 at 3.6Mbps HSDPA, among the fastest over-the-air download speeds today, for 10-second song downloads using a combination of OMAP2420 and ARM 11 processors that also provide a powerful platform for multi-tasking. For example, consumers can surf the Web while listening to music, without missing a beat.
* Perfect fit -- The unique ergonomic slider design glides open and kicks out for a perfect fit-to-face profile.
* Rock on -- Dedicated keys access music in one touch, storage for approximately 1,000 songs3 and stereo Bluetooth wireless technology optimize the device for mobile music. The MOTOROKR S9 stereo headphones, bundled with the Z8, provide wire-free enjoyment with A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth stereo profiles4.
* Entertainment powerhouse -- With approximately 80MB of free internal user memory and optional expandable memory up to 32GB with high density microSD memory cards1. On today's 4GB microSD entertainment lovers can store approximately 12 full-length motion pictures6 or 70 hours of music3.
* Watch this -- At 30 frames per second, the large QVGA 16 million color TFT display optimizes the viewing experience in both portrait and landscape mode. The beautiful screen also helps enhance Internet browsing and game play.
* Life recorded -- Catch a moment on the fly with an 8x zoom camera and lumi LED light or record and watch memories with video record and playback capabilities.
* My videos -- Intuitive UI allows one-click picture or video sharing with friends or easy uploading to chosen social networking Internet sites, such as Flickr, MySpace, YouTube.
* Act fast -- The well-designed user interface allows one-click access to phone functions.
Motorola brings experiences to life with alliances to make entertainment enjoyment even richer. The Z8 will include, in-box, a full-length film "The Bourne Identity" from Universal Pictures - and pre-loaded third-party applications from BSkyB and Podcast.com, as well as content from CNN. In addition, high quality games from Electronic Arts' popular suite of titles will soon become available for download to more Motorola customers.
Z8 users will be able to access mobile content services from BSkyB directly from their handset, such as Sky's on-demand library of updating news, entertainment and sports. Sky's 'Anytime' application provides an access point to a range of live mobile TV services that include over 30 TV channels2 and allows customers to use their mobile phone to program their Sky+ set-top boxes remotely to record programs and place bets through SkyBet.
In addition to BSkyB, a world of free content is open to consumers with the inclusion of the Podcast.com service, allowing consumers to download their favorite audio and video podcasts direct from the Internet automatically to their handset.
Motorola also announced that it will be extending its existing relationship with Electronic Arts to create a new category of immersive mobile gaming. Through this agreement the company will bring high quality mobile gaming experiences to Motorola customers with the launch of an integrated demo of EA SPORTS BIG "SSX3."
MOTO Z8 will be available for purchase in Europe and Asia beginning in June. For specific regional availability and pricing, contact your local Motorola representative.