Research In Motion (RIM) today introduced three new colors for the popular BlackBerry Pearl(TM) 8100 smartphone from T-Mobile USA, Inc. - blue, sunset (red) and pale gold. With these new colors, in addition to white and black, T-Mobile customers now have five distinct color choices to match their personal style.
The innovative BlackBerry Pearl, which quickly became a top-selling smartphone, combines powerful email and multimedia features in an incredibly small and stylish package. The smartphone's easy-to-use interface and keyboard have won over both productivity-seeking business professionals and those who simply love to stick together with text messaging and personal email.
To celebrate the newest additions to its line-up of BlackBerry devices, T-Mobile will introduce this month an accessible and affordable service option for all BlackBerry smartphones. For $9.99/month customers will be able to add an unlimited BlackBerry email only service, which provides access to personal email accounts such as Yahoo!, AOL and Gmail.
The Pearl also hosts multimedia features such as a camera and music player, and is myFaves(SM)-enabled, giving customers quick, one-touch access to their five favorite contacts. In addition to instant messaging, picture messaging, calling and texting, sending an email to a myFaves contact is just a click away.
Key features of the BlackBerry Pearl include:
- Popular built-in instant messaging clients: AOL, Yahoo! MSN, Google Talk and ICQ
- Built-in digital camera with 3 zoom levels (up to 5X) and built-in flash
- Media player with support for music, videos and pictures
- High-performance HTML browser for visiting favorite web sites while on the go
- Enhanced SureType(TM) keyboard system makes typing text and dialing numbers quick and easy
- An intuitive user interface with an easy-to-use trackball, dedicated 'menu' and 'escape' keys, and context-sensitive menus that make navigation instinctive and fast
- Advanced call management features such as smart dialing, conference calling, speed dialing, and call forwarding
- First-rate phone features with Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, speakerphone, and Bluetooth support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS and EDGE network support for international roaming
- A large, ultra-bright 240x260 color display that brings images to life
- An innovative light-sensing technology that automatically optimizes the screen, trackball and keyboard lighting for indoor, outdoor and dark environments
- Stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls
- Expandable memory via microSD memory card slot
- Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones
- BlackBerry Maps - an application that provides users with step-by-step driving directions and integrates with an external GPS receiver via Bluetooth.
- BlackBerry Internet Service support - allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server support - integrates with IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments and features IT policy controls for managing handset features and usage
The BlackBerry Pearl is available beginning today in all five colors at T-Mobile retail stores, select authorized dealers and online at www.t-mobile.com.
Accessories for BlackBerry smartphones, including premium leather holsters and totes, an automotive charger, and Bluetooth headsets are available online and through T-Mobile retail outlets.