For the 2007/8 season, ESPN Mobile TV, Verizon Wireless and MediaFLO USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, will for the first time air live National Basketball Association (NBA) games, from tip-off to final buzzer, on V CAST Mobile TV. More than 70 ESPN-produced NBA games are expected to air on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, a service of MediaFLO USA.
The regular season hoops excitement begins on October 31, with match-ups featuring the Dallas Mavericks at the Cleveland Cavaliers (8:00 p.m. Eastern) and the Seattle Supersonics at the Denver Nuggets (10:30 p.m. Eastern).
Other not-to-be-missed 2007/8 NBA match-ups scheduled to air on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless include:
* Los Angeles Lakers at the Phoenix Suns (November 2)
* Miami Heat at the San Antonio Spurs (November 7)
* Cleveland Cavaliers at the Utah Jazz (November 7)
* Cleveland Cavaliers at the Sacramento Kings (November 9)
* Detroit Pistons at the Los Angeles Lakers (November 16)
* New Jersey Nets at the Seattle Supersonics (November 23)
* Los Angeles Clippers at the Denver Nuggets (November 30)
* Los Angeles Lakers at the Denver Nuggets (December 5)
* Seattle Supersonics at the Portland Trail Blazers (December 25)
* Miami Heat at the New Orleans Hornets (January 11)
* Programming is subject to change.
Ryan Hughes, vice president of digital media programming for Verizon, noted, "Verizon Wireless is once again demonstrating our commitment to deliver the best, exclusive programming available on mobile phones with the NBA games on V CAST Mobile TV. For hoops fans who want to stay connected to the hard court action while on the go, Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV is the only service that gives them broadcast-quality access to the games they want, all in the palms of their hands."
"MediaFLO USA strives to give people the freedom to watch what they want, wherever they may be," said Gina Lombardi, president of MediaFLO USA. "If our coverage of the 2007/8 NBA season on MediaFLO USA's FLO TV service gives basketball fans more time with their favorite players -- and allows them to catch more sensational three-pointers -- then we are achieving our goal."
In addition to the upcoming NBA season, V CAST Mobile TV is offering consumers an unrivalled array of sports programming this fall, including more than 100 live college football games.
The FLO TV(TM) service is provided by MediaFLO USA and is available to consumers as V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless. More information on FLO TV can be found at www.flotv.com.
V CAST Mobile TV is available in more than 40 cites from coast to coast, including Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York and Philadelphia. A complete list and map of available markets, pricing, phone and programming information is available at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.