Alltel Wireless is going to make customers' wireless experience easier and more productive with the announcement that they plan to have the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphone from Research In Motion (RIM) available in time for the holidays.
This sleek smartphone is designed to give customers an exceptional mobile experience with powerful communications and multimedia capabilities. Whether it's answering email, sending text messages, scheduling meetings, playing music, or surfing the Internet, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 provides customers the ability to do all the things they need and want to do.
The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 offers the full smartphone experience -- including phone, email, Web browser, text (SMS) messaging, instant messaging and organizer applications. Available from Alltel in an attractive amethyst color, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 also features:
* GPS technology and access to mapping applications such as BlackBerry Maps and TeleNav GPS Navigator
* 2 MP camera with flash, zoom and video capture
* Advanced media player, 3.5mm jack, Bluetooth stereo support and dedicated volume controls
* An externally accessible SDHC expandable memory card slot
* Speaker Independent Voice Recognition for Voice Activated Dialing
* Enhanced SureType keyboard technology with new word completion capability and built-in spell-checker
* Multi-directional trackball for easy navigation.
Alltel Wireless will be offering the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in-rebate at Alltel retail stores nationwide and online at www.shopalltel.com. This discounted price is available to new customers who sign-up for a two-year service agreement as well as existing eligible customers on qualifying rate plans. All Alltel customers who purchase the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 and are on a qualifying calling plan are able to receive "My Circle," Alltel's exclusive calling feature allowing customers to choose who they call for free -- any 10 numbers, any network. Alltel Wireless also offers Anytime Plan Changes, giving customers the flexibility to change their rate plan any time, without extending their contract.