Alltel Wireless announced that the HTC Touch, a Windows Mobile 6.0 smartphone, is now available at shopalltel.com and Alltel retail stores.
The compact and stylish HTC Touch provides customers with a new way to stay connected and access music, photos, information, games and more. This sophisticated smartphone is easy to operate by using a finger to simply swipe or tap the innovative touch-screen "cube" interface. Alltel's HTC Touch features four panels on the "cube," including an Alltel-exclusive panel that provides customers with quick access to the latest smartphone applications to personalize their phones and help do more on the go. Customers can also customize the phone with ringtones, themes and games, in addition to pre-programmed links to shopping applications.
The additional panels provide easy access to contacts, including the ability to assign photos to each name; allow users to launch their applications at the touch of a button; and launch the HTC Touch's multimedia functions, such as the music player, photos and video, with a tap of the finger.
The smartphone also provides access to Alltel applications, including the new Voice2TXT service from Spinvox that converts incoming voicemails to text and sends them to the customer's text inbox, allowing them to discretely respond to voicemails via text messages without dialing their phone.
The HTC Touch features a 2MP camera with video, Windows Media Player, a MicroSD memory card slot, Bluetooth Wireless Technology and Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional. It is also preloaded with a variety of applications on the Alltel exclusive fourth panel of the "cube," including:
* Games from Magmic - Customers can play more than 100 mobile games including Brain-Up, Texas Hold'em King, Phase 10, Monopoly Tycoon, Call of Duty, Miner 2049er and World Poker Tour.
* Themes from Magmic - Consumers can give their HTC Touch a unique look by choosing any of the thematic backgrounds and icon schemes via the "themes" icon.
* Shop Now with Digby - By simply touching the "Shop Now" icon on the phone, users can quickly browse, buy, and send items from premier retailers including Barnes & Noble, Godiva, Best Buy, FTD Flowers, Wine.com and many more.
* Handmark Pocket Express - Selecting the Pocket Express icon on the HTC Touch provides customers with free news, sports, weather, travel information and more.
* Axcess Shop - Axcess a whole catalog of smartphone applications such as TV, games, instant messaging and more.
* Sharpcast Photos - Photos are now one quick touch away with this application that allows customers to view their entire PC photo collection on their handset. In addition, pictures taken on the phone are now automatically backed up to the users PC, making it easier than ever to manage photos.
* Ringtones from Magmic - A tap of the "ringtones" icon makes it simple to browse and buy in an instant.
* Office Sync - The office is now just a touch away as business professionals can send and receive email, see contacts, and connect with their corporate network, wherever they go.
The HTC Touch phone is available for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate. This discounted price is available to new customers and existing eligible customers who sign-up for a two-year service agreement and Smartchoice rate plan. Customers who purchase the HTC Touch phone and are on a qualifying calling plan are able to receive
"My Circle," Alltel's exclusive calling feature allowing customers to choose who they call for free -- any 10 numbers, any network. Alltel Wireless also offers Anytime Plan Changes, giving customers the flexibility to change their rate plan any time, without extending their contract.