NTT DoCoMo will participate in GSMA Mobile World Congress 2008, the largest exhibition of its kind in Europe attracting a large number of GSM technology related businesses, held February 11-14 in Barcelona, Spain. The exhibition is a platform for participating corporations to announce new products and technologies and attracts great attention internationally.
From high-spec mobile phones and services to cutting-edge technologies such as the "Wellness Handset" prototype and networks such as Super 3G (LTE) and 4G, we will be showcasing a wide range of exhibits based on the theme of "advancement" and "technological prowess" -- DoCoMo's major strengths.
Don't miss the chance to experience DoCoMo's innovative technologies firsthand and discover how we imagine the near future.
Further information about the displays
Latest Handsets -- The "Multi-Talented" 905i Series / Latest Services
* Chokkan Games (intuitive motion/voice-activated gaming)
* Music & Video services
* One-Segment mobile TV
* GPS services, etc.
* Super 3G (also known as LTE)
* 4G demonstration experiments
"Wellness Handset" Prototype
* We are introducing a mobile phone prototype which monitors health with sensors that measure body fat, footsteps, heart rate, halitosis (bad breath), etc.
* Mobile Internet service i-mode and i-channel (push-based information service)
* "Osaifu-Keitai" mobile wallet services, usage scenarios and business solutions
Conceptual Handsets -- The "One-of-a-Kind" 705i Series
* Ultra-thin handsets
* Waterproof handsets
* Designer handsets
* interTouch, a high-speed Internet access provider
* DoCoMo's presence outside Japan
* Universal design phones: Raku-Raku PHONE, Kids' PHONE
* "Sound Leaf Plus", a bone conduction receiver/microphone
* Environmental activities: handset collection and recycling