Alvarion Ltd. today unveiled SentieM technologies, which surpass the Mobile WiMAX basic technologies and provide better coverage, capacity and throughput per user to operators using Alvarion's end-to-end Mobile WiMAX 4Motion solution. SentieM includes Advanced Antenna and Radio Resource technologies in addition to Distributed Network capabilities, improving the economics for operators and the quality of service for subscribers.
The company's SentieM technologies, designed to comply with the IEEE 802.16e-2005 standard and WiMAX Forum Mobile WiMAX specifications, optimize the benefits of technologies such as MIMO, Beamforming and SDMA, as well as introduce new capabilities to enhance the overall solution value for operators.
"SentieM technologies are the result of years of extensive and highly advanced technological development, and combine innovation and responsiveness to the market from both operator and subscriber's point of view," said Tzvika Friedman, President and CEO of Alvarion. "SentieM technologies enable operators to fully utilize mobile networks and make the most of Mobile WiMAX in order to truly deliver on its promise to the market."
SentieM technologies include:
* On-demand Collaborative MIMO and Beamforming - enhances coverage and boosts capacities by intelligently utilizing air interface and radio resources.
* Subscriber independent SDMA technology directing the radio interface at users that create the most efficient network - extends cell capacity to any device on the network.
* Self-learning algorithm for rate adaptation that modifies itself according to variations in the channel's condition - provides better performance and maximizes capacity.
* Distributed radio architecture - enables all base stations to coordinate and negotiate with each other, resulting in less delay, less latency and fast response time.
* Hierarchical ASN-GW network architecture - provides network survivability with localized mobility, a key factor when designing and deploying a WiMAX network.
* High-quality voice service by optimizing scheduling - allows a higher capacity of users on the network, adaptively managing the air interface and providing superior voice services which are near wire-line in quality.
"Mobile networks should incorporate a robust and self-sustaining intelligence to cope with the complexities of varying wireless media and network conditions," explained Dr. Ze'ev Roth, CTO of Alvarion. "Therefore, we believe that a solution that goes beyond standard compliance, and intelligently encompasses the capabilities of Mobile WiMAX, adds value in many aspects. Coverage, capacity and quality of service are important requirements for a Mobile WiMAX network. SentieM is aimed at enabling a superior network, which offers best-in-class performance for Mobile WiMAX solutions."