Offering customers industry leading push-to-talk performance and military-grade durability, Samsung Mobile today announced the upcoming availability of the Z400 by Samsung, exclusive to Sprint. The durable clamshell handset passed rigorous testing to meet military standards specifications (MIL-STD 810F) for resistance to dust, shock and vibration and is housed in a rubberized coating to reduce scratching and improve grip. The Z400 is Samsung's first Nextel Direct Connect capable handset and also delivers the faster data speeds of Sprint Mobile Broadband and Sprint's largest voice calling area.
The Z400 operates on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network, offering a variety of push-to-talk services and delivers on the Nextel Direct Connect gold standard of connections in less than a second. Nextel Direct Connect from Sprint provides a quick and reliable alternative for immediate communication with individuals or groups. It touts the fastest national push-to-talk network and connects the largest push-to-talk community in the world.
Taking pictures while on-the-go is easy thanks to a 1.3 megapixel camera with 2x digital zoom. The Z400 is also outfitted with a video camcorder for creating video clips to share with family and friends.
Enjoy hands-free communications with stereo Bluetooth Wireless technology, complete with call announce. The Z400 is compatible with headsets, car-kits and other Bluetooth-compatible devices. The call announce feature sounds an audio alert when an incoming call comes in.
The Z400 is designed with a dark blue finish and black rubber housing. The rubber coating improves grip and protects against scratching in rugged work environments. In addition to its unique design, the Z400 offers the following features for fast and simple communication:
* Single number option: Simplicity of using one number for both wireless phone calls and Nextel Direct Connect calls. All users can opt to maintain separate numbers if preferred. (This is not available for all numbers)
* PTT Missed Call Notification: When on a Nextel Direct Connect call, receive a notification that you missed a PTT call, Call Alert, or Group Connect call.
* DC Permissions: Ability to block/allow incoming one-to-one PTT calls and Call Alerts. (Not applicable for Group calls).
* Call Alert/Call Alert with Text: Send a repeating alert to let any other Nextel Direct Connect user know you are trying to reach them. With the new Text feature you can send canned text messages with a Call Alert. (Users must have a Nextel Direct Connect capable Sprint device to receive the text.)
* Group Connect: Communicate or coordinate activities with up to 20 other Nextel Direct Connect subscribers all at once - nationwide, quickly and easily. Create and manage groups dynamically on your phone or online. Group Connect participants must also have a Nextel Direct Connect capable Sprint device with the Group Connect feature.
* TeamDCSM: Communicate or coordinate activities with up to 35 Nextel Direct Connect subscribers at the same time - nationwide, quickly and easily. Create and manage groups online only. All TeamDC participants must also have a Nextel Direct Connect capable Sprint device with the TeamDC feature.
* Speakerphone: Hands-free mobile conversations are always available with the built-in speakerphone.
* SMS Text Messaging: Instantly send and receive SMS text messages across the room or around the country.
The Z400 by Samsung is now available in select markets through the Sprint direct sales force, Sprint Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint Stores. Pricing for the Z400 is just $99.99 with a two-year service contract and a $50 mail-in-rebate. It measures 3.7" x 1.9" x 0.96" and weighs 3.5 ounces.