HTC Corp. today announced its first entry into the advanced Korean market with the introduction of the HTC Touch Dual. Launched in exclusive alliance with the local carrier, SK Telecom, the HTC Touch Dual integrates HTC’s advanced intuitive TouchFLO™ technology and slide-out keypad in a compact design.
Offering one touch access to email, messages, contacts, pictures and more, the Touch Dual provides an uncompromising touch and keypad experience for easy and convenient dialing and messaging.
With the goal of appealing to a broad base of consumer targets, the slim and stylish Touch Dual is available for the first time anywhere in the world in a pearl white color.
Vice President of HTC Asia Jack Tong commented about the company’s goals for this launch. “HTC is excited to be entering the Korea market with the HTC Touch Dual. We want to tap into Korea’s high level of consumer sophistication by bringing in a portfolio of innovative phones that set new benchmarks for touch usage.”
SK Telecom’s Dae-hyun Chung also commented that "HTC’s Touch Dual has everything you need in a PC Phone and we’re proud to be able to offer it to consumers on our network. We are committed to providing our customers with more mobile choice and a range of innovative devices like the Touch Dual.”
The Microsoft Window Mobile 6.1 platform gives quick access to multitasking with MS Office programs like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. And the 3.5G HSDPA gives web browsing access anywhere at fast speeds. The domestic version is 3G ready, with a 2.0 Mega Pixel camera for shooting videos and a second camera to make video calls.
The Touch Dual Phone is available from SKT stores only and priced at approximately 500,000 Korean Won. Some consumers may be able to purchase it for less with certain subsidies and sales promotions.
Also, as part of today’s announcement, HTC will establish a Korean office and will be introducing additional devices later this year.
Key Product Specifications:
* TouchFLO™, a touch-screen technology that allows finger-touch access to the functionality used most.
* Slide-out 16-key keyboard for quick dialing, text messaging and e-mailing
* Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
* Microsoft Office Mobile and Outlook Mobile for working on documents and getting e-mail.
* Live HTC Home™ featuring time and weather display, quick launcher, and one-touch ring-tone settings
* 2 megapixel camera for shooting photos/videos and a second camera for video calls
* Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900Mhz) for international roaming and HSDPA (850/1600Mhz) connectivity