Sprint today announced availability of its latest Nextel Direct Connect phone – the Motorola Renegade™ V950. This new handset features a slim, clamshell form factor built to Military specifications 810F for dust, shock, vibration and blowing rain and incorporates Nextel Direct Connect1 push-to-talk services, the speed of Sprint Mobile Broadband1 and Sprint’s largest voice calling area, giving customers yet another option to meet their productivity needs with connection in less than one second to millions of existing Nextel Direct Connect subscribers nationwide.
Powered by Qualcomm’s QChat technology, the Motorola Renegade V950 provides industry-leading push-to-talk performance, while operating on certain Rev. A portions of the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network. Users can enjoy instant one-to-one push-to-talk communication that is interoperable with the millions of existing Nextel Direct Connect users as well as the one-to-many Group Connect that allows for quick communication with up to 20 other Nextel Direct Connect users on Sprint enabled PPT phones.1
Other key features available on the Renegade V950 include:
* Ultra-Rugged Design: Certified to military specifications for dust, shock, vibration and blowing rain enabling users to get work done even in a harsh environment.
* Sprint Music Store1: Download stereo-quality tracks instantly over the air. Choose songs from thousands of artists in virtually every genre.1,3
* Sprint Radio1: Listen to more than 100 local radio stations from across the country and more than 50 other commercial-free channels, including Hip Hop, Country, Alternative, Rock and more.1
* Sprint TV®1: Watch live TV, short clips or full-length episodes – from channels users know, including CBS, ABC, CNN and more.1
* Picture Mail1: Take, save, share and publish quality digital photos or video clips.
* Sprint Navigation1: Delivers voice-guided and on-screen, turn-by-turn GPS-enabled driving directions, 3-D moving maps similar to an in-car navigation system or personal navigation device, as well as local search and real-time intelligent traffic alerts and one-click rerouting, anywhere on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.1
* NFL Mobile Live1: Provides live audio broadcasts of all NFL regular season games, live audio/video stream of 8 NFL Network games (starting in November 2008), live 24/7 stream of the NFL Network, exclusive team content, exclusive video highlights from all games and fantasy tools.1
* Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (with stereo support)2: Communicate with compatible devices via built-in short-range wireless radio technology.2
* 2.0 Megapixel Camera and Camcorder: Capture high-resolution images with the digital camera and a 4X digital zoom with embedded flash. Create video clips and easily share with friends and family.1
* Mobile Email1: Easy, one-touch access to all personal email including AOL/AIM, Yahoo!, Windows Live (Hotmail and MSN) and more.1
* Instant Messaging1: Send and receive instant messages and email from your phone.1
* Sprint® Mobile Sync1: Easy-to-use online tool for contact and group management, address book synchronization between online and phone, secure contact backup, and automatic contact transfer when changing to a new capable phone.1
“Nextel Direct Connect is critical to Sprint’s position as the dominant player in the push-to-talk and GPS solution categories,” said Danny Bowman, president of Nextel Direct Connect for Sprint. “Sprint is committed to Nextel Direct Connect and will continue to expand capabilities and options for our customers. With the addition of the Renegade V950, Sprint customers have another rough and tumble handset delivering the fastest national push-to-talk network matched with Sprint’s largest voice calling area and the nation’s largest mobile broadband network so they can do even more, faster.”
Beginning today, the Motorola Renegade V950 will be available for purchase in select markets through Sprint retail stores, direct sales or telesales (1-800-Sprint1) for as low as $129.99 with a two-year service agreement and $50 mail-in-rebate.
In addition to the Motorola Renegade V950, Sprint offers four other devices that combine Nextel Direct Connect push-to-talk services with the speed of the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network and Sprint’s largest voice calling area: the LX400 by LG®, Z400 by Samsung®, the Pro-200 by Sanyo® and the Pro-700 by Sanyo®.
Unlimited Direct Connect and Group Connect are included at no additional charge in Everything plans starting at $69.99 per month, and Talk/Message/Direct Connect plans starting at $49.99 per month.
*Not all features are available with all phones. Nextel Direct Connect capability is not available in all markets where these devices are sold. Customers should consult sales representatives prior to purchase. Push-to-talk coverage varies depending on the user’s push-to-talk phone. Detailed coverage maps are available at www.sprint.com/coverage.