Verizon Wireless, builder and operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless network, and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced that the Samsung Sway™ will be available for order today online at www.verizonwireless.com, in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, and by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN. This stylish phone comes packaged in a slim slider design with a silver finish, and it will be in stores for purchase on Oct. 14.
Verizon Wireless customers can use the Sway as an MP3 player to access more than 5 million songs that can be side-loaded from their PCs to their phones with a USB cable using V CAST Music with Rhapsody. Most music downloaded onto the PC using V CAST Music with Rhapsody is free of digital rights management software, which means the music can be played on multiple devices.
The Sway’s 2.0 megapixel camera with digital zoom comes with NightShot to enhance the camera’s capabilities in dark environments. The phone features a camcorder; Bluetooth® wireless technology for certain profiles; and video, picture, text and IM messaging options to help customers capture special moments and stay connected to friends and family.
Key features and capabilities of the Samsung Sway from Verizon Wireless include:
* Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
* Mobile Web-capable – customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
* Mobile IM capabilities
* Text, picture and video messaging
* Bluetooth profiles supported: headset, stereo, hands-free (car kits), serial port, object push for vCard and vCalendar only, basic imaging, basic printing and phonebook access profiles
* 2.0 megapixel camera with NightShot
* Expandable memory up to 8GB with external microSD™ card slot
* Hearing aid compatibility = M4
* Bilingual user interface (English and Spanish)
* Personal organizer with calculator, calendar, alarm clock, world clock, stop watch and notepad
* Dimensions: 4.15” (h) x 1.96” (w) x 0.47” (d) with standard battery
* Weight: 3.56 ounces
* Display: 2.2”
* Usage time: up to 270 minutes with standard battery or
* Standby time: up to 312 hours with standard battery
Verizon Wireless has priced the Sway to be available for $69.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.